Who’s released to practice?

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

If people were practicing, they were not following the stay at home order set by the governor other than essential shopping in April and May.  I agree practice just started but I don’t know the guidelines. I don’t understand how the TSSAA will throw in a dead period in about three weeks not allowing practices after no one has done anything for 2 1/2 months. 

From what I have heard is that it is up to each school system as to what is allowed in a practice setting. For example, I heard that Lincoln Co., can only do conditioning stuff unless the kids wear gloves, Wilson Co., what I have been told has no restrictions at all. Seems to be up to the school system. The dead period will stay in place as it should, in my opinion. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BigOrangeBaller said:

From what I have heard is that it is up to each school system as to what is allowed in a practice setting. For example, I heard that Lincoln Co., can only do conditioning stuff unless the kids wear gloves, Wilson Co., what I have been told has no restrictions at all. Seems to be up to the school system. The dead period will stay in place as it should, in my opinion. 

We will see how it all unfolds because summer ball at Gibson County is a lot of camps and scrimmages as we know it. CDC makes recommendations and is not law that is for sure, but I know TSSAA recommended follow their guidelines. Well if you follow their guidelines we may not never play. I agree that school systems are going to have to bite the bullett and roll. That is what is going to happen in college and pro football. They will just start playing. They will never have approval from the CDC, IMO.