Most Popular High School Teams Per State

MLREB

I believe Maryville is the best football program in the state with Alcoa number two. I base that on how the two schools perform on the football field.

Most popular? I don't know how to pick that team. I would count out all Private Schools. All schools who have been caught cheating. That is as far as I would go. Just everybody pick Oak Ridge and be done with this :roflol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I believe Maryville is the best football program in the state with Alcoa number two. I base that on how the two schools perform on the football field.

Most popular? I don't know how to pick that team. I would count out all Private Schools. All schools who have been caught cheating. That is as far as I would go. Just everybody pick Oak Ridge and be done with this :roflol:

It was by web traffic to their site.

We also do a booming business on NFHS Network.

Edited by Red Rebels

That map looks correct. All five of those schools have unusually high numbers of college prospects (except Powell).  I would would say college football recruiting drives traffic on the M.P. site. Figured De LaSalle would be more popular than Mater Dei in CA. 

Edited by Joyful94

9 hours ago, Joyful94 said:

That map looks correct. All five of those schools have unusually high numbers of college prospects (except Powell).  I would would say college football recruiting drives traffic on the M.P. site. Figured De LaSalle would be more popular than Mater Dei in CA. 

I’m lost about Powell. I thought Brentwood academy would make it. Also I thought Greyson is GA would be #1

12 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I’m lost about Powell. I thought Brentwood academy would make it. Also I thought Greyson is GA would be #1

I agree 100%, Powell had been thrown down the outhouse well for a while until Matt Lowe came back and washed them off but there is still a bad smell from over there but that's another conversation.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I agree 100%, Powell had been thrown down the outhouse well for a while until Matt Lowe came back and washed them off but there is still a bad smell from over there but that's another conversation.

That viral video of Matt Lowe sprinting and sliding on the sideline vs. Halls last year may have driven some page visits.

On 5/26/2020 at 7:47 AM, Joyful94 said:

You have to understand the difference between DeLaSalle and Mater Dei.  DeLaSalle is a small all boys Catholic school in the East Bay area of Northern California.  They have always done things "low key" and tried their best to keep things in perspective.  Example; the football players dress in a regular physical education locker room with metal lockers.  Very plain and simple, there is nothing fancy about DeLaSalle as the program is based or working harder than the competition.  Mater Dei is the largest coed Catholic school in the USA.  It's sits in the middle of Southern California and is where some of the most wealthy, influential and elite kids attend high school.  Not that one is better than the other but the two schools have  totally different philosophies as to how they operate and present themselves to the public.  

Edited by cbg
  • Like 1