Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

Absolutely hated the way last year finished and my heart goes out to all the players and respective schools, but who wins AA next year?  Thought Macon had a great chance to win it all in 19-20, but lots of good teams with legit chances next year.  I think Upperman will be loaded and run through district, region, and sub-state untouched, and will have great shot to win it all.  Maplewood and Westview have their chances as well.  Not sure about Grainger or  Meigs though.  I think Macon loses too much to be a contender, but should still be better than average.  Anyone else have an opinion?

31 minutes ago, tssaafan said:

Absolutely hated the way last year finished and my heart goes out to all the players and respective schools, but who wins AA next year?  Thought Macon had a great chance to win it all in 19-20, but lots of good teams with legit chances next year.  I think Upperman will be loaded and run through district, region, and sub-state untouched, and will have great shot to win it all.  Maplewood and Westview have their chances as well.  Not sure about Grainger or  Meigs though.  I think Macon loses too much to be a contender, but should still be better than average.  Anyone else have an opinion?

South Side could very well be my pick (along with Westview). The Lady Hawks graduated 0 seniors off this years team. They also have a very good player returning off injury in Currie-Jelks. District is easy enough where they'll play but mainly sit out the second half of majority of their games. One team to watch out for in West Tennessee is Crockett County.

9 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

South Side could very well be my pick (along with Westview). The Lady Hawks graduated 0 seniors off this years team. They also have a very good player returning off injury in Currie-Jelks. District is easy enough where they'll play but mainly sit out the second half of majority of their games. One team to watch out for in West Tennessee is Crockett County.

From the West in A, I think Gibson County-Huntingdon-Union City will be the front runners. In AA, I'd say Jackson South Side-Westview-Covington will be the front runners. If SS stays healthy and with Currie-Jelks back in the mix, they will be a handful in AA. 

Don’t know about the rest of the state, but it will be two of these three IMO in Murfreesboro in AA in Westview, South Side and Covington with Westview and South Side being the favorites in West Tennessee.  Will be a big chance for a lot of youth to display talents in West TN next year with teams like Westview, GC and Greenfield losing seasoned talent. Do think West TN basketball will be very competitive across the board with teams getting state ready later in the year. Probably will see some growing pains and coaches trying to find the right chemistry along the way. South Side could be really good this year in West TN. Coach always seems to have them ready and always has their motors running in 5th gear. I look for GC and South Side to have some wars this summer as both teams will try to get each other ready for the 2020-2021 season. Hope and pray the good Lord blesses us with another season.

Edited by pioneer42

20 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Don’t know about the rest of the state, but it will be two of these three IMO in Murfreesboro in AA in Westview, South Side and Covington with Westview and South Side being the favorites in West Tennessee.  Will be a big chance for a lot of youth to display talents in West TN next year with teams like Westview, GC and Greenfield losing seasoned talent. Do think West TN basketball will be very competitive across the board with teams getting state ready later in the year. Probably will see some growing pains and coaches trying to find the right chemistry along the way. South Side could be really good this year in West TN. Coach always seems to have them ready and always has their motors running in 5th gear. I look for GC and South Side to have some wars this summer as both teams will try to get each other ready for the 2020-2021 season. Hope and pray the good Lord blesses us with another season.

Any opportunity for the two teams to play, preferably the Tuesday before Thanksgiving?

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Any opportunity for the two teams to play, preferably the Tuesday before Thanksgiving?

They played twice this past year and have always played in the off-season. I would contact Coach Wilkins from GC. I assume you are talking about South Side and Gibson County right?

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

They played twice this past year and have always played in the off-season. I would contact Coach Wilkins from GC. I assume you are talking about South Side and Gibson County right?

Yes. Just think it’ll be great for West Tennessee

Edited by TryNotToSuck

8 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Yes. Just think it’ll be great for West Tennessee

I agree. They always play an exciting game. I do know the last two years we have played Greenfield that Tuesday before Thanksgiving and South Side has played in our Thanksgiving or Christmas Tournament. Y’all played Summertown last year too that was a great game.

Edited by pioneer42

16 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree. They always play an exciting game. I do know the last two years we have played Greenfield that Tuesday before Thanksgiving and South Side has played in our Thanksgiving or Christmas Tournament. Y’all played Summertown last year too that was a great game.

I’m not a South Side person, I’m actually the opposite. I’m a North Side fan, even though I’ve currently have no personal affiliation with them anymore (like no family members play for them).

Edited by TryNotToSuck