Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

4 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

In  single A, Clarkrange has to be the favorite and I think would have won it last year. I think it could be a Clarkrange vs Pickett County final. Clarkrange has everyone back and Pickett lost one starter but the two possible replacements will be as good if not better. Everyone else has lost players. Pickett fell apart the last few games last year, They had only lost to Clarkrange all year until losing to Gibson Co at the state tournament. Of course, upsets can always happen along the way, especially once the playoffs start. Did Macon County lose many? I think they would have won it last year in AA. Also, does anyone know why Dana McWilliams left Upperman for Cumberland County? That doesn't seem like a move up.

Clarkrange is definitely the favorite in A. But it won’t be easy. Gibson Co. will be really good again. Loretto has the best player in A. Union City has two D1 caliber players. Summertown brings everybody back including their their leading scorer who went down with an ACL last Christmas. Several other good teams out there.

Macon will be good but you don’t lose Keely Carter without taking a step back. 

Dana McWilliams didn’t leave Upperman. Her son Tyler took the Cumberland Co job

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, logcabinman said:

McMinn Central and Meigs Co. did not lose one player from last years team.  Meigs will be senior heavy and McMinn Central will be junior heavy with one senior.  McMinn Central has probably one the top Freshman prospect in the state coming in.

Meigs lost 3 seniors, Kenny, Crager and Bales. Kenny was out most of the year with a knee injury, Bales played as many minutes as some of the starters, and some times more, Crager played a big role as well. Meigs will have 5 senior that are really good but no one else as played hardly any minutes. The bench will be a huge ? this year.

17 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Meigs lost 3 seniors, Kenny, Crager and Bales. Kenny was out most of the year with a knee injury, Bales played as many minutes as some of the starters, and some times more, Crager played a big role as well. Meigs will have 5 senior that are really good but no one else as played hardly any minutes. The bench will be a huge ? this year.

I apologize, I know those girls play hard!!

15 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

I apologize, I know those girls play hard!!

No apology necessary, just stating that Meigs lost 3 seniors, and for the last few years, those 8 players have pretty much played all the minutes, the bench could be a big problem this year, unless a couple players step up. I just hope they get to play and we get to come and watch.

Just now, Dadof2 said:

No apology necessary, just stating that Meigs lost 3 seniors, and for the last few years, those 8 players have pretty much played all the minutes, the bench could be a big problem this year, unless a couple players step up. I just hope they get to play and we get to come and watch.

I feel Central is going to be tougher because Masingale will produce more points, which sometimes our girls struggled scoring.  

On 9/16/2020 at 10:41 AM, logcabinman said:

I feel Central is going to be tougher because Masingale will produce more points, which sometimes our girls struggled scoring.  

Yeah, I’m looking forward to watching her play for the first time. Have heard she’s an awesome player. Also heard it’s not just her coming in that’s really good. Englewood was obviously great but Mtn View was supposed to have a good eighth grade group right?

Either way, I love supporting our LT’s but this central team will sneak up on some teams this year, especially by tournament time. Hope our girls have been in the gym this summer. They’ve had a lot of time of their hands to do so (with covid).

On 9/19/2020 at 8:33 AM, ElGoat said:

Yeah, I’m looking forward to watching her play for the first time. Have heard she’s an awesome player. Also heard it’s not just her coming in that’s really good. Englewood was obviously great but Mtn View was supposed to have a good eighth grade group right?

Either way, I love supporting our LT’s but this central team will sneak up on some teams this year, especially by tournament time. Hope our girls have been in the gym this summer. They’ve had a lot of time of their hands to do so (with covid).

A lot of girls got valuable time last year as sophomores.  I know mine has really improved, and I am looking forward to see what this team can do this year.  

Yep, a couple of pretty good ones coming up.  They will have time to grow the right way, the junior group this year, have been getting varsity experience since their Freshman year.  They have played some tough teams close, and also lost to teams they probably should not have.  I expect them to play teams tough this year and win the games they should win.  We had two or three bad losses last year.

You'll always get your money's worth when the Meigs' and Central's girls tip off on the court. Both teams will have some good freshmen vying for some playing time. I think Miss Masingale will be starting for Central before the season is over, and she may even start the first game.
Will any other girls teams in the district be competitive this year? 

5 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

You'll always get your money's worth when the Meigs' and Central's girls tip off on the court. Both teams will have some good freshmen vying for some playing time. I think Miss Masingale will be starting for Central before the season is over, and she may even start the first game.

Polk should have a good year, but the rest will probably be down. IMO there’s a big gap between Meigs/Center and the rest of the district.

10 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Morgan is a great coach. He knows Masingale needs to be on the floor right away with how much they struggled scoring last year. Have heard this girl could be better than Jacobi Lynn (signed with UTC) was as a freshman.