Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

54 minutes ago, Dexter10 said:

I have to agree it would be by 20 at least cookeville is getting tougher every year and may keep improving every year but they have no answer for hurst and cookeville scoring is inconsistent upperman brings that every night.    Cookeville would finish between 2 to 4 th in 8 aa probably 3rd

I think Cookeville could beat anyone in 8 AA besides Upperman. I also think Macon and York could beat them as well. Since Cookeville made the coaching change a few years ago I’ve seen steady improvement and a much better team on the floor. So I do think the future is getting brighter for the Lady Cavs. 

1 hour ago, Dexter10 said:

I have to agree it would be by 20 at least cookeville is getting tougher every year and may keep improving every year but they have no answer for hurst and cookeville scoring is inconsistent upperman brings that every night.    Cookeville would finish between 2 to 4 th in 8 aa probably 3rd

No!  Just No!  But there is no use continuing to debate it because they won’t play us.   I didn’t say we would win but I know for sure it would be a very close game and I wouldn’t be surprised if we won.   We are a better defensive team than anyone that they have played this year and we would break the press which is how they beat most teams.  Ok it’s Sparta week...I’m out. .   

21 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

No!  Just No!  But there is no use continuing to debate it because they won’t play us.   I didn’t say we would win but I know for sure it would be a very close game and I wouldn’t be surprised if we won.   We are a better defensive team than anyone that they have played this year and we would break the press which is how they beat most teams.  Ok it’s Sparta week...I’m out. .   

Maybe your right but that’s what Macon co thought and what York thought Friday night both of those teams beat cookeville and they both got blowed out it’s just my opinion that’s all.       But I do think they our the best team in the state for the record I’m not from there either but I do have a team in the district.   Best of luck this week 

On 1/28/2021 at 4:23 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

Don't judge them based on BC win.  BC is down ALOT this year.  They may be one of the top teams in AAA by the end of the year but they haven't really played anyone other than Blackman.   I am pretty sure that BC won't make it out of the region.   Also I can't figure out why Upperman won't play any of the AAA teams in the UC.    Why not Cookeville?  Why not reschedule Stone?  Why not White County?   Hmmmm.....

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

12 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Homer. Cookeville could not beat Upperman and you know it. At least not this year. Maybe in the future but maybe not...  Pulling for my alma mater in this one. Yert one time baby!!! 

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2021 at 10:57 AM, HawkGuy06 said:

Ok. Outside of Hurst what else do they have? They look slow to me, but I haven’t seen them in person due to Covid! I seen them on Facebook live nothing about them says state championship but I could be wrong 

I would love to say your right trust me! They are not at all slow and they have a lot more than hurst. A post with size and skills and can move. A guard than shoot the 3 and two more that can drive in and leave you standing in your shoes. And on top of that they are twice as good on D as last year. If anyone beats them it will have to be something odd happen.

17 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I think Cookeville could beat anyone in 8 AA besides Upperman. I also think Macon and York could beat them as well. Since Cookeville made the coaching change a few years ago I’ve seen steady improvement and a much better team on the floor. So I do think the future is getting brighter for the Lady Cavs. 

Macon did beat cookville this year in a nail biter.

4 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Homer. Cookeville could not beat Upperman and you know it. At least not this year. Maybe in the future but maybe not...  Pulling for my alma mater in this one. Yert one time baby!!! 

At no point if they played 5 times in a row with one starter out could cookville beat upperman. Not gonna happen this year or next.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2021 at 7:10 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

I didn’t say that.  I said it would be a great game this year.  I know how good Upperman is.   But Cookeville has the guards to eliminate the press advantage and would make it a very good game.  And the next 2 years for Cookeville will be special.  I have been saying that for a couple years now.  But if they won’t play us this year,  I know they won’t play us the next two! 

IM having trouble understanding any kind of logic here. Macon beat cookville this year. Then upperman boat raced and  destroyed macon. At no point would this b a game.

Edited by bigstick12

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2021 at 11:11 AM, UCSportsFan said:

Year in and year out Upperman wins the majority of these matchups. Cookeville is absolutely getting better and that’s a great thing. These programs need to play each other would be a great rivalry. Only problem is Cookeville never brings much of a gate unless it’s for White County. 

Might as well play I mean a lot of players come from there anyways.

46 minutes ago, bigstick12 said:

I would love to say your right trust me! They are not at all slow and they have a lot more than hurst. A post with size and skills and can move. A guard than shoot the 3 and two more that can drive in and leave you standing in your shoes. And on top of that they are twice as good on D as last year. If anyone beats them it will have to be something odd happen.

Or they could just lose! I disagree with you, to me they are slow on film! I will be there in person February 11th to see them in person against Macon! You speak on defense, y’all aren’t even top 20 according to CoachT top defensive teams in the state(all classifications) but hey just give them the gold ball huh?