Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

2 hours ago, SportsWestTN said:

They aren't going to play in a venue without fans. I don't think that option is even on the table, so I wouldn't worry about that. Only way they play with no fans is if Governor puts out another Executive Order for the state.

If he signs a deal with Tech, maybe you and me need to write the contract. These colleges you never know what side of the bed they will wake up on.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:22 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

I keep seeing this crap and its driving me nuts.   If you want to compare scores or opponents look at the Knox Webb score.   They beat Knox Webb by 7.  We beat the same team the night before by 25 and didn't play starters almost entire 4th.   We could have beat them by 40-50 if we wanted.  SO therefore if they beat them by 7 and we beat them by 25 based on your logic that means we would have beat Upperman by 18-30!  See how crazy that is?    Thats why you don't compare scores.   I am  looking at matchups and what they do well and what we do well.   We break the press extremely well,  we rebound extremely well, and we play defense extremely well.    Thats why it would be a close game.   If we shot poorly like we did vs York or MC then yeah they could blow us out.   

Trust me we have been begging for that game.   They won't play the game. 

No way Cavs could beat the Bees.....just not absolute way. 

On 1/11/2021 at 2:11 PM, maddams said:

My current top 10. (This is based on results to this point in the season)

1. Upperman - really good, really experienced, one of the favorites to win state

1. Macon Co - really good, really experienced, one of the favorites to win state

3. Jackson South Side - schedule has been a little softer than usual (prob due to COVID) but should finish the regular season undefeated; Currie-Jelks is the real deal

4. Grainger - only losses to Stone Memorial and Oakland, need to avoid Northview Acad in sectional game

5. Northview Academy - only loss to Bearden, need to avoid Grainger in sectional game

6. Westview - always solid, schedule has been weak this year, Harrison is the real deal

7. McMinn Central - young, talented; Alcoa loss was a little surprising

8. Covington - always tough, physical; no bad losses; Fayette-Ware could challenge them in region

9. Creekwood - fundamental, can shoot the 3 ball, could be the year they make state tournament especially if Nashville Metro continues to opt out

10. Livingston Academy - tough district, all 4 losses are to good teams, can't see them getting out of region due to Macon and Upperman

Next up (no particular order): Meigs Co, Westmoreland, York Institute, Stewart Co, Fayette-Ware

Where does this put Westmoreland now that they beat Macon? 

52 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

Westy can beat anybody in 2A... Upperman would be a stretch but I do think it's possible of course. With that being said............................................................

Upperman is the best team in 2A and will win it.

If Westmoreland was in a tougher district it would help them a lot in the post season.Im pretty sure upperman will win by 15 to 20 everytime they played.

Edited by bigstick12

4 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Interesting. The post above, someone has them at ranked #1 or #2 on their personal list. They must have some injuries or players on quarantine?

It was a old post/list! It was a legit list at the beginning but Macon has lost like 5 games now! I haven’t heard of any injuries or Covid concerns, they are just struggling to win 

6 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

It was a old post/list! It was a legit list at the beginning but Macon has lost like 5 games now! I haven’t heard of any injuries or Covid concerns, they are just struggling to win 

Unfortunately for by friend Coach White he has missed his opportunity for a gold ball for the foreseeable future. York is 2nd best team in 8AA. As for Westmoreland beating Upperman, it would be highly unlikely but you never say never. 

2 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Unfortunately for by friend Coach White he has missed his opportunity for a gold ball for the foreseeable future. York is 2nd best team in 8AA. As for Westmoreland beating Upperman, it would be highly unlikely but you never say never. 

Last year was Macon’s year agreed!