Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

10 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Meigs clenched the regular season title tonight by beating McMinn Central. They now will host the district tournament.

Solid win by the Lady Tigers over a good McMinn Central team!  It should be another Meigs-McMinn Central matchup in the District Championship game. 
Do you know which District will host the Regions this year, or will the higher seeds from each District host the games until the Championship game?

Edited by blitzinbuc

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

Solid win by the Lady Tigers over a good McMinn Central team!  It should be another Meigs-McMinn Central matchup in the District Championship game. 
Do you know which District will host the Regions this year, or will the higher seeds from each District host the games until the Championship game?

I think the higher seed gets to host until the Championship game, but if they have the same seed it’s district 5 year to host. That’s the way I understand it.

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

McNairy definitely down this year. But the whole district is down except South Side. Probably the weakest I’ve seen this district since I been following it. Imo don’t see it being any better next year. But y’all have a dynamic team. Gonna make some noise in the boro for sure. 

Well Scott’s Hill are better than people give them credit for. Blaize Deere & Ashlyn Buffaloe is a nice duo! Blaize will/can easily put up 25-30 on you quickly! Chester County is a sneaky team!  But yea I agree the district is down but to me all districts are down this year! In 13AA you have Westview & the other 6-8 teams! 14AA you have South Side & the other 7 teams! In 15AA you have Covington & the other 5-7 teams! I am just hoping we stay healthy & I do believe your correct, look out Boro them Ladies Hawks coming for them 3 games! 

36 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Well Scott’s Hill are better than people give them credit for. Blaize Deere & Ashlyn Buffaloe is a nice duo! Blaize will/can easily put up 25-30 on you quickly! Chester County is a sneaky team!  But yea I agree the district is down but to me all districts are down this year! In 13AA you have Westview & the other 6-8 teams! 14AA you have South Side & the other 7 teams! In 15AA you have Covington & the other 5-7 teams! I am just hoping we stay healthy & I do believe your correct, look out Boro them Ladies Hawks coming for them 3 games! 

Why doesn’t SS play Westview during the regular season?  It’s been my opinion when teams do not play someone that can give them a game throughout the entire season, come state tournament time they seem to struggle against better competition. Upperman not only has a tough district but they also schedule teams that can not only give them a game but that could beat them. Cleveland was athletic, quick, good players  in the post and they have talent. They’ve only lost to 4 highly ranked teams this year so they are no joke. Upperman playing teams like this will pay off in a few weeks I believe. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

24 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Oh yeah there is some good players on several of these teams. Deere is one of the best players in our district for sure. I just kinda meant as a whole the district being down. The surrounding districts seem to be less competitive across the board as were use to seeing. This Covid mess I think has a lot of teams out of sync, missing games on and off at the first of the season.

23 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Oh yeah there is some good players on several of these teams. Deere is one of the best players in our district for sure. I just kinda meant as a whole the district being down. The surrounding districts seem to be less competitive across the board as were use to seeing. This Covid mess I think has a lot of teams out of sync, missing games on and off at the first of the season.

Yea I love to watch my girl Deere! She is fun to watch. Yea I know what you meant, and I definitely agree. And the Covid did help anything. We was rolling from the jump, then had a few players down from it. We was off 3 weeks smh. Beginning of the season we was mid season form & boom 3 weeks of no practice or games! We are just now playing all that turkey off from thanksgiving & Christmas 

30 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Why doesn’t SS play Westview during the regular season?  It’s been my opinion when teams do not play someone that can give them a game throughout the entire season, come state tournament time they seem to struggle against better competition. Upperman not only has a tough district but they also schedule teams that can not only give them a game but that could beat them. Cleveland was athletic, quick, good players  in the post and they have talent. They’ve only lost to 4 highly ranked teams this year so they are no joke. Upperman playing teams like this will pay off in a few weeks I believe. 

Or why don’t Westview want to play us is the question! Not talking bad about Westview but their coach never schedules any tuff games! They always cakewalk to state & their easy schedule is why they can’t win it after going to state 7 or 8 consecutive years in a row imo! We play people that will play us, Gibson County which is Single A always invite us to play in their Thanksgiving tournament! It has all the toughest teams in Single A & is always a great tournament! Lorotto, Summertown, Gibson County, USJ(private) & Christmas tournament in Dyersburg that is usually tough! Dyersburg, Greenfield, a few Memphis teams! We was going to Florida to play this before COVID-19 came along! Covid didn’t allow us to play in no thanksgiving or Christmas tournament this year. We don’t mind taking losses 

20 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Or why don’t Westview want to play us is the question! Not talking bad about Westview but their coach never schedules any tuff games! They always cakewalk to state & their easy schedule is why they can’t win it after going to state 7 or 8 consecutive years in a row imo! We play people that will play us, Gibson County which is Single A always invite us to play in their Thanksgiving tournament! It has all the toughest teams in Single A & is always a great tournament! Lorotto, Summertown, Gibson County, USJ(private) & Christmas tournament in Dyersburg that is usually tough! Dyersburg, Greenfield, a few Memphis teams! We was going to Florida to play this before COVID-19 came along! Covid didn’t allow us to play in no thanksgiving or Christmas tournament this year. We don’t mind taking losses 

There are definitely 3 teams out West that are 20 points better than their competition in AA.  South Side, Westview, and Covington.  When they play in district their games aren't even close.  Fayette Ware has young talent but won't get close to beating any of these teams in the tournament in my opinion.  They're just not ready yet.  

Edited by RaShadSmith

47 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

They played us twice last year, Summertown, Dyersburg and Jonesboro, AR. My neice fouled Curry-Jelks at the end of our game and that is when she tore her ACL. Sad deal. Our team has the utmost respect for them. We play them religiously in the off-season and usually in the regular season. They were supposed to go off and play and it got cancelled for Covid reasons. We had one to drop out because of Covid. They came over to play and played 1 game and was supposed to play us the next day and their administration got mad at the team because they didn’t notify the administration and  they got mad and made them leave. Their district is usually a lot tougher. Our district is the same way outside of Peabody. 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

They played Upperman in 2017. I was there and watched it. Very good game. Levy took over late. It was a single digit game. Lots of teams won’t play them around here. They try to keep job security and play teams they can win. 

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They played us twice last year, Summertown, Dyersburg and Jonesboro, AR. My neice fouled Curry-Jelks at the end of our game and that is when she tore her ACL. Sad deal. Our team has the utmost respect for them. We play them religiously in the off-season and usually in the regular season. They were supposed to go off and play and it got cancelled for Covid reasons. We had one to drop out because of Covid. They came over to play and played 1 game and was supposed to play us the next day and their administration got mad at the team because they didn’t notify the administration and  they got mad and made them leave. Their district is usually a lot tougher. Our district is the same way outside of Peabody. 

Man you’re spot! Y’all called he rounded his troops up within the hour! I hopped up took a shower & came with my team as well! The administration was not happy smh our only chance to see tha Shernecca Curry-Jelks versus Madison Hart match up! I didn’t know that was your niece that fouled her! She was pretty messed up after she fouled Currie-Jelk. It was just a freak accident! Your niece came up to Currie-Jelks after the game while she was in the car & apologized! She was clearly disappointed that it happened. From my understanding they both played together on some AAU team! 

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They played Upperman in 2017. I was there and watched it. Very good game. Levy took over late. It was a single digit game. Lots of teams won’t play them around here. They try to keep job security and play teams they can win. 

Once again your dead spot on! Teams will not play us, unless we are made to play them(district, region) and yea Westview definitely plays teams that they can easily beat! Look back at the Christmas tournament that they put together, it’s a joke! And of course they won their own championship lol