Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

5 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

York wins!!  Wow what an upset!!  Just goes to show you, ANYTHING can happen come tournament time in the UpperCumberland. Where every game is against a quality opponent. No cupcakes here!

Like I told you! You gotta play the game! You can’t crown anyone! 

42 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

South Side didn't play great but corrected some things in the second half to win. I hope South Gibson uses this game to blueprint how they should play going forward: pressing and trapping and doing more offensively than shooting the three. I just wonder long term is Wyatt gonna be the coach to get them where they need to be?????

We struggled tonight with turnovers! Our  coach made some adjustments & 2nd half we play a little better. Yea they shocked us in the 1st quarter with the trap. We made them pay on the trapping part. They had nothing for our bigs down low & we missed a lot of layups/easy baskets! We are not perfect by no means but we will have to be close to perfect in Westview Wednesday! Should be a great game! 

28 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

We struggled tonight with turnovers! Our  coach made some adjustments & 2nd half we play a little better. Yea they shocked us in the 1st quarter with the trap. We made them pay on the trapping part. They had nothing for our bigs down low & we missed a lot of layups/easy baskets! We are not perfect by no means but we will have to be close to perfect in Westview Wednesday! Should be a great game! 

I can’t wait for a showdown!! Westview hit 10-12 threes tonight against Chester. It was never close but Westview did let off the gas a little in the 4th and gave Chester a little to bring the score back a tad closer but not much. Going to be a great game!!! Get your popcorn ready!

11 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I can’t wait for a showdown!! Westview hit 10-12 threes tonight against Chester. It was never close but Westview did let off the gas a little in the 4th and gave Chester a little to bring the score back a tad closer but not much. Going to be a great game!!! Get your popcorn ready!

I will let Jada hit a 2 pointer before I let the other girls beat me. WV is similar to South Gibson, they can shoot when left wide open! SG didn’t make many 3’s when we played our defense. It should be a great game! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

55 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Some how I have a feeling there’s a guy in Macon County that’s feeling pretty good about his teams chances right about now. York would be that team of destiny who knows. Get hot at the right time and anything can happen!  

he want sleep a wink and grabbing another gear.

35 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I will let Jada hit a 2 pointer before I let the other girls beat me. WV is similar to South Gibson, they can shoot when left wide open! SG didn’t make many 3’s when we played our defense. It should be a great game! 

There are 4 of them that can hit the three consistently including Jada but she will drive and kick or drive and score all day if you give it to her. She is one of the most unselfish players I’ve watched play. Her court vision is phenomenal and just a sophomore 

17 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

There are 4 of them that can hit the three consistently including Jada but she will drive and kick or drive and score all day if you give it to her. She is one of the most unselfish players I’ve watched play. Her court vision is phenomenal and just a sophomore 

Yea #12 #15 & the big twin can shot it. Jada can do just about anything that she wants! She is definitely special 

9 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

While true that you'll need to limit their threes, they do a lot more off-ball to set up open three point looks then SGC does. They'll get some better looks, but it will be important to limit their opportunities and do a good job closing out. Jada prefers to get others involved rather than take over the game herself. As dangerous as she can be, you have to make sure to not overcommit to her.

South Greene at Grainger. Grainger

Alcoa at Northview. Alcoa with the upset.

McMinn Central at Meigs Co. Meigs in a close one. 

York at Macon. Macon in a dog fight.

Maplewood at East Nashville. Maplewood

Community at Creek Wood. Creek Wood.

Jackson South Side at Westview. JSS in a great game.

Fatette Ware at Covington. Covington.

Some great games coming Wednesday night.

11 hours ago, dmm88 said:

South Side didn't play great but corrected some things in the second half to win. I hope South Gibson uses this game to blueprint how they should play going forward: pressing and trapping and doing more offensively than shooting the three. I just wonder long term is Wyatt gonna be the coach to get them where they need to be?????

They've become a good shooting team, but that's all they've focused on. Watching a lot of their district games, their offense is just looking for open 3s, but they don't do a lot to try and setup open looks. It's a strange scheme.

They'll lose three, four-year starters going into next season, but they've shown they have a lot of young talent that can compete and take them places. Allen has been a workhorse for them this season, and they've got a slew of sophomores and freshman that have shown what they can do, but just haven't been given consistent opportunities to shine, not to mention the kids they'll bring up from the MS this year. Just need to develop it the right way and put them in the right positions to be successful. Being in SS's district next year will mean they need to step it up a few notches, if they want to compete for the top spot. Tonight showed they still have a ways to go to get there. SS is good every year, not just because they have talent, but because they do a good job of developing their talent, playing hard, and putting their kids in positions to be successful. That makes up a good portion of a 21 point margin.

10 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Just curious...how many seniors does South Side have this year?