4A Decade in Review

Some teams played in 3 different classifications (Bolton, Millington, and White House Heritage). Is this common? Bolton and Millington dropped but WH-Heritage appeared to go up in classification. I'm curious to find out why...

7 of the top 15 teams are from West Tennessee. Unfortunately, only two of those teams played in state title games (and lost both).  We have to do better in November. 

Donovan has done a great job with this. I knew we would get a lot of West Tennessee teams in the top #15, but the playoffs basically embarrass us.

Greeneville won 59 of 60 win region/district play, was it Elizabethton the team they lost to?

3 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Some teams played in 3 different classifications (Bolton, Millington, and White House Heritage). Is this common? Bolton and Millington dropped but WH-Heritage appeared to go up in classification. I'm curious to find out why...

7 of the top 15 teams are from West Tennessee. Unfortunately, only two of those teams played in state title games (and lost both).  We have to do better in November. 

Donovan has done a great job with this. I knew we would get a lot of West Tennessee teams in the top #15, but the playoffs basically embarrass us.

Greeneville won 59 of 60 win region/district play, was it Elizabethton the team they lost to?

Whats Crazy is 3 of the Top 14 teams all play in the Same Conference.  

Yes Greeneville Lost to Betsy for the first time in Region play last year, before that Greeneville hadn't lost a conference game since Sept 7th 2007.

In Class 4A

2 Programs Won 100+ Games for the Decade (same for 90+ Games Won)

3 Programs Won 80+ Games for the Decade

12 Programs Won 70+ Games for the Decade

17 Programs Won 60+ Games for the Decade

In Class 3A

1 Program Won 100+ Games for the Decade

4 Programs Won 90+ Games for the Decade

5 Programs Won 80+ Games for the Decade

10 Programs Won 70+ Games for the Decade

17 Programs Won 60+ Games for the Decade

In Class 2A

0 Programs Won 100+ Games for the Decade

3 Programs Won 90+ Games for the Decade

6 Programs Won 80+ Games for the Decade

16 Programs Won 70+ Games for the Decade

20 Programs Won 60+ Games for the Decade

In Class 1A

2 Programs Won 100+ Games for the Decade

5 Programs Won 90+ Games for the Decade

7 Programs Won 80+ Games for the Decade

8 Programs Won 70+ Games for the Decade

15 Programs Won 60+ Games for the Decade

34 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

It is amazing the gap between the top 2 and the rest of the field. And for that matter the gap between 1 and 2. 

It took a lot of hard work and Dedication to do what Greeneville has done over the past Decade.  The Turn around started 3 years prior in 2007.  Greeneville Hired a Coach that had won state championships in NC, redid the weight room, working out was mandatory, and a lot of the current coaching staff was part of that rebuild. (Ballard was the OC, Hammonds was the OLB Coach (Now Head Coach), Spradlin was the DB coach (Now DC), and Bentley was the O-line Coach and still is.  Greeneville went from 4-6 in 2006 and missing the play-offs to 10-3 in 2007 and getting put out by Sullivan South in the Quarter Finals (A team we beat in the regular season).  I was a Senior Captain of that 2007 team and still talked to the coaching staff to this day.  Heck before the AC play-off game this past year Hammonds saw me walking up in the Stands and Yells at me to come talk to him since I live in Knoxville and had seen them play that year :lol:.  Once a Greene Devil always a Greene Devil

Well done Donovan.  That is a very good list, and as I look at the other classifications, they all reflect relatively similar numbers for wins.  I like the six classes, even though the team I cheer for has to travel to Chattanooga area 3 times a year.  I know the kids love it as they get to get out of school early on a Friday and ride a huge bus to Chattanooga and play teams from another area.  I know everyone likes the 5 class system, and that is fine also, as my team did well there as well, but I do like to go against some fresh opponents , and the travel to Chattanooga has been good for me. 

20 hours ago, Swipes said:

Whats Crazy is 3 of the Top 14 teams all play in the Same Conference.  

Yes Greeneville Lost to Betsy for the first time in Region play last year, before that Greeneville hadn't lost a conference game since Sept 7th 2007.

Would you happen to know the last time Greeneville lost to the same team twice in the same season beyond last year? I would say that is a impressive number as well. 

5 hours ago, JMorton said:

Would you happen to know the last time Greeneville lost to the same team twice in the same season beyond last year? I would say that is a impressive number as well. 

It was 2003.  Greeneville Lost to Morristown West in the Regular Season with out their starting QB in Chase Greenway (RIP) 37-0 and then again in the Quarter Finals 28-14 with Greenway. Morristown West Beat Maryville the next week 17-14 in OT but lost to Hillsboro in the Championship game of 4a when there were only 5 classifications.

• Like 1