Kris White is new Moore County head football Coach

The new head football coach at Moore County is no stranger.

Kris White, a former assistant at MCHS and an assistant at Knoxville Catholic, is returning as head football coach, replacing Jason Dobbs.

11-02-16-MCMS-boys-BKB-Raiders-Man-Flag-White, 45, originally from Murfreesboro, has 17 years of coaching experience. He is married to Holly (a Moore County alumnus) and has two sons: Kaden (18 years old, upcoming senior) and Dawson (15 years old, incoming freshman).

White graduated from Riverdale High School in 1993 while playing for Gary Rankin. He played college football at Middle Tennessee State University under Boots Donnelly from 1993 – 1998.

He has coached at Riverdale High School (State Champions 2004), Moore County, Oakland High School (State Champions 2008), and Knoxville Catholic High School (State Champions 2015, 2017). He has been at the Knoxville school for the past five years, serving as a defensive assistant.

This will be his first head coaching post.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 2:55 PM, MCHSBigBlue said:

The new head football coach at Moore County is no stranger.

Kris White, a former assistant at MCHS and an assistant at Knoxville Catholic, is returning as head football coach, replacing Jason Dobbs.

11-02-16-MCMS-boys-BKB-Raiders-Man-Flag-White, 45, originally from Murfreesboro, has 17 years of coaching experience. He is married to Holly (a Moore County alumnus) and has two sons: Kaden (18 years old, upcoming senior) and Dawson (15 years old, incoming freshman).

White graduated from Riverdale High School in 1993 while playing for Gary Rankin. He played college football at Middle Tennessee State University under Boots Donnelly from 1993 – 1998.

He has coached at Riverdale High School (State Champions 2004), Moore County, Oakland High School (State Champions 2008), and Knoxville Catholic High School (State Champions 2015, 2017). He has been at the Knoxville school for the past five years, serving as a defensive assistant.

This will be his first head coaching post.

Sounds like a homerun hire and with roots via his wife, hopefully a long term solution.

4 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Just installed and above ground pool and currently adding a deck around it.  Doing this in my free time as Nissan decided to rule me "essential" and didn't get the 2 month vacation...:-D

Definitely ready for some football though.

Me too on the football thing. Maybe I'll catch you at one of the games this year. Hopefully they will let us in on a "press pass" :blink:if they decide to go the way of half capacity.

Edited by Imthayeti

4 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Just installed and above ground pool and currently adding a deck around it.  Doing this in my free time as Nissan decided to rule me "essential" and didn't get the 2 month vacation...:-D

Definitely ready for some football though.

Mike=essential?  As Buford T Justice would say. What the heck is the world coming to?