Dan Hammonds resigns at Greeeneville

HTV

Best thing for the team . If his heart wasn't in it. He needed to move on. He is a good man he will be fine. Not everyone is cut out to be a head coach. Especially at a place like Greeneville. Coach spradlin is in charge right now. And he has always been in charge of all their summer workouts and thing's. So they will be fine. I have heard one rumor about Ballard. But I would have to see something else happen first possibly before I put much stock in to it. If that doesn't happen I would like to see Cody baugh get it. and concentrate on the offense and let coach spradlin coach the defense. Overall I think it's the best thing that could have happened to the Devil's. As long as they make the right hire

Ballard's son is playing at West Point. Don't see Caine coaching again as long as Cade is still playing college football. 

Eddie Spradlin is the Interim Head Coach. Greeneville needs to just take the interim tag off and be done with it, IMO. He is the best option. 

11 minutes ago, Greendevil87 said:

I agree with you if Cade stays at army

Last communication I had with Caine there wasn't anything to make me belive he isn't going to. Cade's rehab has gone well and the coaches really like his game. Cade has a great chance at getting on the field on Saturdays this fall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Last communication I had with Caine there wasn't anything to make me belive he isn't going to. Cade's rehab has gone well and the coaches really like his game. Cade has a great chance at getting on the field on Saturdays this fall. 

Cade is at West Point and doing very well with rehab lifting, running,  practicing and I look forward to seeing him play on Saturdays! I can’t see Caine returning to coaching until Cade graduates IMO....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, greene4747 said:

Cade is at West Point and doing very well with rehab lifting, running,  practicing and I look forward to seeing him play on Saturdays! I can’t see Caine returning to coaching until Cade graduates IMO....

Agree 100%  

2 hours ago, GangTackle said:

Why did he resign? 

This was his tweet "“15 years of playing and 16 years of coaching. The game of football gave me more than I could ever give back. At this point, I am just a fan though. No cleats and no more whistles. Best of luck to the Greene Devils going forward. To all I’ve coached, thank you for the memories.”

His response back to 5starpres was "“I am thankful for the opportunity to coach and have many great memories with guys I’ve worked with and coached,” Hammonds texted 5Star Preps. “I don’t have much else to really say.”

He let Greeneville's Principal and AD know this past Friday. and this was from Brad Woosley the AD and Head Basketball Coach

“About a week ago, Dan talked to (Greeneville principal) Mr. (Patrick) Fraley and just said that he thought he wanted to resign. He just didn’t feel like he could give all that needed to be given for the program,” said Woolsey. “That’s kind of the long and the short of it.

“We discussed it over this past week. But he just kind of felt like that was the direction he wanted to go. He turned his resignation in Friday.”

Assistant coach Eddie Spradlen will run the program during the interim, Woolsey said.

The job will be posted Monday, and Greeneville will begin taking applications.

“Our goal will be to have someone in place before the dead period is over,” said Woolsey. “So we got two weeks until the dead period and then two weeks (during the dead period). We hope to have somebody in place sometime over the dead period.”