Dan Hammonds resigns at Greeeneville

HTV

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

It was no secret in Town that Drew was moving to play football at Greeneville after being at Catholic. (I knew 6 months ahead of time).  Izaiah is a definitely a new name I haven't heard before.  Did he play at the middle school last year?  The reason I ask is the Middle School team was very dominate and my cousin was the QB and will be a Freshman this season.

He played for the Fulton middle school team in Knoxville.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Over the past decade Greeneville has made an amazing run of utter dominance that may  never be equaled in NET.    But is the era of Greeneville coming to an end?     Is Elizabethton now the new Greeneville?     Only time will tell....

Do i believe the Greeneville era has ended no.....do i think Betsy has closed the gap, yes.  The team that has usually won in the Middle School League has went on to win in High School. Cade group won it all in middle school and then in high school.  Betsy won some middle school titles after Cades group went to the high school.  This years Greeneville Middle team was loaded and beat TA Dugger and have a Stud QB,  2 RB/LB, and some great WR.  Those kids fathers were great GHS football players back in the day and Dickson the conference MVP in middle schools dad played at Miss State and was an All-State Tackle in the 90's.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Do i believe the Greeneville era has ended no.....do i think Betsy has closed the gap, yes.  The team that has usually won in the Middle School League has went on to win in High School. Cade group won it all in middle school and then in high school.  Betsy won some middle school titles after Cades group went to the high school.  This years Greeneville Middle team was loaded and beat TA Dugger and have a Stud QB,  2 RB/LB, and some great WR.  Those kids fathers were great GHS football players back in the day and Dickson the conference MVP in middle schools dad played at Miss State and was an All-State Tackle in the 90's.

Believe it or not I actually like Greeneville football, have watched them in countless playoff games and several games in Cookeville.    There is of course one game each year that I want to see the Devils stomped, but alas that will not happen in the foreseeable future....

If I'm Greeneville I'd like my chances next year. They had significant leads over Betsy in both games ( I believe 2 touchdowns ) yes of course they didn't finish it but they were good enough to be up. Betsy brings back their line but lose 2 very key playmakers in Maupin and Hughes. The gap between the 2 teams is razor thin IMO 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Over the past decade Greeneville has made an amazing run of utter dominance that may  never be equaled in NET.    But is the era of Greeneville coming to an end?     Is Elizabethton now the new Greeneville?     Only time will tell....

Greene era still rolling!  EHS defending, but sustaining it will be much harder.  Looking forward to the rematch this year; can’t wait.  Both teams loaded with talent and work ethic.  2 great programs in NET.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Believe it or not I actually like Greeneville football, have watched them in countless playoff games and several games in Cookeville.    There is of course one game each year that I want to see the Devils stomped, but alas that will not happen in the foreseeable future....

Hey  before Greeneville was beaten by Betsy last year the last team Greeneville lost a conference game was to Boone at Boone in week 3 back in 2007.  That lit a fire under Greeneville who turned around and beat #4 ranked Sullivan South and their Gatorade player of the year Curt Phillips the next week and went on to Win the Conference.  Curt got his revenge in the Quarter Finals putting out Greeneville after being tied at half.

Hughes is back for Elizabethton he will be a senior this year. First game last year Greeneville had a lead and passed on a field goal at end of half and ran a play and lost 15 yards. Then 2nd half ran same play 98% of time and Elizabethton beat them. 2nd game Elizabethton dominated after the first quarter

Edited by Tab