Sullivan North,South,Central

wow1029

2 hours ago, wow1029 said:

What is going on out that way? I thought last season was the last for these schools and the new school was supposed to open up.Thank You!!

You can add South to the other 2 schools.   We (Boone) have South on the schedule so looks like the new school will be another year away, if that.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 2:10 PM, wow1029 said:

Ok Ty!!! I do have South up there.I know East is supposed to get more students too

The School is still on its way to being finished .I was out that way about two weeks ago and it looks like all the walls and roof is up ... Looks as if the inside is being started / completed ( haven't heard much on how far along they are ) ..outside is still dirt 

Be exciting to see how well the sports do after year 2 . North and South always produce good players and every so many years have great teams ( get the kids playing together and they could  have some great teams ) 

The new school is called West Ridge High School and will be the Wolves. It will open in 2021. The Sullivan County School Board named a Principle this past week. Josh Davis will be the principle (Currently Principal at Sullivan North) the AD and coaching hires are supposed to be named in a few weeks. Oh and they will be 6A.

Edited by SXSW

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 10:56 AM, SXSW said:

The new school is called West Ridge High School and will be the Wolves. It will open in 2021. The Sullivan County School Board named a Principle this past week. Josh Davis will be the principle (Currently Principal at Sullivan North) the AD and coaching hires are supposed to be named in a few weeks. Oh and they will be 6A.

Just say the largest division... that may be 5A after this season. As a DB fan, it is fantastic to have another large school within a 20 mile drive and this will be an immediate great rivalry for both schools.

1 hour ago, LINEDAD said:

Just say the largest division... that may be 5A after this season. As a DB fan, it is fantastic to have another large school within a 20 mile drive and this will be an immediate great rivalry for both schools.

DB and Science Hill are such well established programs, it could be years before the new school is able to compete.    But you never know, that's why you play the game.    Let's just hope we have a season this year.

It could take the new school years to be competitive with DB and SH.However,if the coaches that the new school puts together is a talented group ,maybe not .A few  coaches from the two local 4A schools that have had success wouldn't hurt but I also know a couple of others that could help and were  under appreciated in K-town.Plus as I've always preached,a strength and conditioning program.Either way,I just look forward to everything being normal again,so we can enjoy Friday nights under the lights.

1 hour ago, BatmanLives said:

It could take the new school years to be competitive with DB and SH.However,if the coaches that the new school puts together is a talented group ,maybe not .A few  coaches from the two local 4A schools that have had success wouldn't hurt but I also know a couple of others that could help and were  under appreciated in K-town.Plus as I've always preached,a strength and conditioning program.Either way,I just look forward to everything being normal again,so we can enjoy Friday nights under the lights.

I would expect, those schools combined, will be competitive from the get go in all sports. 

On 7/22/2020 at 4:06 PM, EHSTrack06 said:

Not in football, South is the anchor there but they are still behind some 4A schools so 5A and 6A shouldn't even be on their radar atm in terms of being competitive. Now other sports such as basketball/softball/baseball they could be good coming right out of the gate

I agree 100% the stick and round ball sports will be good, or at least competitive, right out of the starting gate..Football will be a different animal however! North is okay in 2A, Central is horrible at any level and South is mid pack in a tough region.