Sullivan North,South,Central

wow1029

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

DB and SH would decimate this conference in football.  

I know a couple years ago when they did the reclassification they really considered bumping tn high down to 4a, I don't know where their numbers stand now but at the time they were the smallest 5a school, so if they do go back to just 5 classification there's a chance tn high gets bump down 

3 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

I know a couple years ago when they did the reclassification they really considered bumping tn high down to 4a, I don't know where their numbers stand now but at the time they were the smallest 5a school, so if they do go back to just 5 classification there's a chance tn high gets bump down 

It just depends on where they set the numbers..TN High is borderline 4A/5A..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

What if they get a bunch of athletes from Virginia this season?

RR, it wouldn't be a long ways for a Virginia boy to travel . If I  seen it correctly on the local news here in Kingsport. Virginia is going to try and have their football season in the late winter and spring. With everything constantly shifting around covid,who knows what will end up happening there or on this side of the state line.

• Like 1

Over the last 10 years here are the combined records of Central + Boone + South + Tennessee High + Crockett + Volunteer vs.:

DB has 32 wins and 0 losses
SH has 28 wins and 5 losses

So even if we combined all the above schools into a super conglomerate 10A high school I don't think they could compete with DB/SH year in and year out.

18 hours ago, SXSW said:

It just depends on where they set the numbers..TN High is borderline 4A/5A..

Gotta check out the numbers to see if this is true.  I thought it was true back in 2016, but Tennessee High was 125 away from the highest 4A school if memory serves.  TN High picks up quite a few transfers from Sullivan County and even on the Virginia side.

New school's best hope would be to ship off 4-500 kids to East so that they could have about the same size school.  Now this will hurt East big time, but it would let WR be in a lower conference.

For example, if the WR school snuck into 5A, they would be a force to contend with.  6A is no man's land.  Aside from the conference being strong, all roads go through Maryville and other strong Knoxville teams.

11 hours ago, BatmanLives said:

RR, it wouldn't be a long ways for a Virginia boy to travel . If I  seen it correctly on the local news here in Kingsport. Virginia is going to try and have their football season in the late winter and spring. With everything constantly shifting around covid,who knows what will end up happening there or on this side of the state line.

Given the majority of the kids in the Carter's Valley and Bloomingdale area attend Scott County Va. public schools, it would affect North and Volunteer the most..Two Elementary schools in Scott County ( Yuma and Weber City) are full of Tennessee kids!

8 hours ago, SXSW said:

Given the majority of the kids in the Carter's Valley and Bloomingdale area attend Scott County Va. public schools, it would affect North and Volunteer the most..Two Elementary schools in Scott County ( Yuma and Weber City) are full of Tennessee kids!

I have heard of parents sending their kids accoss the line both ways and how they have multiple living arrangements but " majority" either way would surprise me.Not saying it's not so,just that it would surprise me .