Sullivan North,South,Central

wow1029

4 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Maryville fumbled the opening kickoff, DB ran one play and fumbled it right back, on the next play Maryville's guy goes 85 yards.    So yeah you are actually more right than I was initially

Either way it was a great DB team that ran into a typical Maryville team.My middle son lost on that same field with some of those seniors when they were in the 9th.2009 was Maryville showing a lot of class to just win 40-0. The lights went out before that game and I thought the good Lord might be a DB fan . I found out he was just telling his coach to take it easy on those boys from Kingsport.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I was at that 2012 Maryville game, DB had equal talent but got badly out coached.   Maryville defense perfectly schemed against the dynamic duo.     Initially thought DB might take it, but on the first play from scrimmage Maryville's running back goes about 85 yards untouched.   At that point I knew it was over.

Blazer lets just say Adkins transfer and this team end up being better than the 2012 team, I'm still agreeing with you I would rather watch the 2012 db team, I'm a Mike Vick fan and foreman reminded me of Vick any play foreman could go for 80

1 minute ago, StarBright87 said:

Blazer lets just say Adkins transfer and this team end up being better than the 2012 team, I'm still agreeing with you I would rather watch the 2012 db team, I'm a Mike Vick fan and foreman reminded me of Vick any play foreman could go for 80

Foreman was so fast  that you could see he was slowing down as he was getting close to the end zone but still pulling away from defensive backs.If that makes any sense.

42 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

Foreman was so fast  that you could see he was slowing down as he was getting close to the end zone but still pulling away from defensive backs.If that makes any sense.

Foreman was my favorite player ever to watch in high school.

Batman I don't know how much info you have on this Adkins kid but if yall land him yall in good hands. I can't go against maryville until proven otherwise so i would make Oakland the favorite just because the semi they would host, maryville second, this set's up db 3rd. Teams will have to put 8 in the box then everything is open 

2 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

Foreman was my favorite player ever to watch in high school.

Batman I don't know how much info you have on this Adkins kid but if yall land him yall in good hands. I can't go against maryville until proven otherwise so i would make Oakland the favorite just because the semi they would host, maryville second, this set's up db 3rd. Teams will have to put 8 in the box then everything is open 

Like Sergeant Shultz,I know nothing about the young man coming or not to Kingsport.I have seen his highlights and he is simply a special talent.Football has so many parts to it and to play on Maryville's level it will take an extremely talented and greatly coaches team.In East Tennessee class 6A,the road always goes through Maryville before you can even think about Oakland.So to be the best,it will take beating not one but two or three great teams.It can be done but it will have to be done on a year around working bases to make that happen.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

You are talking about Trenton Adkins, Clintwood and Haysi combined to form Ridgeview Wolfpack. If none of yall seen this kid yet go ahead an Google him, he's special. If this rumor ends up being true then maryville, Oakland and dobyns Bennett easily the best three teams in 6a.

Trenton is for sure the REAL DEAL!!! If DB could land him that would be Major for their Squad. If I'm Trenton I'm going to play for Elizabethton tho with him running the ball they would be pretty unstoppable. Trenton rushed for 2,800+ YDs and 47 Rushing TDs on like 220 Carries led the state of VA in Rushing and Rushing TDs. He did all that playing only 4 Full games the rest he was sitting after half would of been Mr Football in TN with those numbers. Could of Broke the VA Career Rushing record this year need 3,000 for the record and 1,000 away from passing the Great Thomas Jones for 2nd.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, blazer1set said:

You think this would be better than the 2012 DB team?

yes i do. now that team had swafford as tailback and nobody is as good as him... but the 2 backs are good enough to push for 2,000 yards combined.

Better QB - even if Cook hadn't got hurt. Better size, passer, runner and leader than Cook. Foreman was a great runner, but no passing threat, the team was 1 dimensional once Cook went out. Zane controls the huddle like nobody i have seen before.

Better line play and deeper, both sides. better overall coaching staff (top to bottom) has been huge along with strength and conditioning focus. This team will be blue collar smash mouth football with a great passing game. 

the last 2 seasons, DB had 17 seniors total on the team. This season, more than 30 seniors. they have stuck together and are a close knit group. 

1 hour ago, LINEDAD said:

yes i do. now that team had swafford as tailback and nobody is as good as him... but the 2 backs are good enough to push for 2,000 yards combined.

Better QB - even if Cook hadn't got hurt. Better size, passer, runner and leader than Cook. Foreman was a great runner, but no passing threat, the team was 1 dimensional once Cook went out. Zane controls the huddle like nobody i have seen before.

Better line play and deeper, both sides. better overall coaching staff (top to bottom) has been huge along with strength and conditioning focus. This team will be blue collar smash mouth football with a great passing game. 

the last 2 seasons, DB had 17 seniors total on the team. This season, more than 30 seniors. they have stuck together and are a close knit group. 

There are coaches on the DB staff that I have always liked.Some were coaches and some even teammates with when my kids were there. Like everything in Kingsport, there is still some political stuff but that's everywhere you go.The weight room and facilities are second to none . Kingsport deserves a powerhouse team because of what our community has put into DB.Roll Tribe