Besides Wilson and Sumner Counties...

fredjones

Yes, in Jackson they're in agreement to re-open Jackson Central-Merry in the next few years. However, the school system and county commission are getting the funding open. I don't know when it'll be "official" but it'll probably knock South Side down to 3A. JCM might go to 2/3A, but I don't expect them to go 4A with North Side and Liberty. They're determine to get this done soon, but the target date is not set in stone

3 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Yes, in Jackson they're in agreement to re-open Jackson Central-Merry in the next few years. However, the school system and county commission are getting the funding open. I don't know when it'll be "official" but it'll probably knock South Side down to 3A. JCM might go to 2/3A, but I don't expect them to go 4A with North Side and Liberty. They're determine to get this done soon, but the target date is not set in stone

Didn’t realize this. I hated to send them shut down at first, but happy there’s y’all about re opening

36 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Didn’t realize this. I hated to send them shut down at first, but happy there’s y’all about re opening

It's going to be interesting to see how this all panned out based on the athletic standpoint. If they go 2A, I'd imagine they'll be in the district with Adamsville and Peabody. If they go 3A, then they'll be in the Milan and Covington district. I don't know what they're going to do from an athletic standpoint and how they're going to handle this situation. But, to me, they're going to pull a Freedom Prep, Middle College, and MASE (all Memphis academies) and basically start from scratch.

In addition, all the people that live in the city of Jackson (specifically near Oman Arena) want to get this done. And the county is determined to get this done. However, it'll be interesting to see if South Side, North Side, and/or Liberty would drop a class because of this.

15 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

It's going to be interesting to see how this all panned out based on the athletic standpoint. If they go 2A, I'd imagine they'll be in the district with Adamsville and Peabody. If they go 3A, then they'll be in the Milan and Covington district. I don't know what they're going to do from an athletic standpoint and how they're going to handle this situation. But, to me, they're going to pull a Freedom Prep, Middle College, and MASE (all Memphis academies) and basically start from scratch.

In addition, all the people that live in the city of Jackson (specifically near Oman Arena) want to get this done. And the county is determined to get this done. However, it'll be interesting to see if South Side, North Side, and/or Liberty would drop a class because of this.

Interesting I’d love to make that trip over to Rothrock again. Seen and played many of games over there. 

Probably on the other schools going down a class because I would think you’d have some of the Madison kids that want to play football go play for JCM

Edited by Goldenpride

On 6/11/2020 at 5:54 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

JCM could be dangerous in 2A