TSSAA Football Re-Classification

sportsguy22

I’m curious how this process is going to work with everything that is happening. The TSSAA normally uses the enrollment numbers from the beginning of the school year to start the process of re-classifying all schools for the following 4-year cycle (2021-2025). However, many questions abound! Will all schools be in session at that time? Will many enrollments take a deep dive because of homeschooling or parents keeping their kids out for a semester? Does the TSSAA have a backup plan if chaos continues? All these decisions will have significant implications moving forward.

Edited by sportsguy22

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

I'll give you a link to start your research.

https://tssaa.org/overview-of-the-classification-cycle 

20% increase or decrease is the magic number for reclassification.

Enjoy. 

RR-1.jpg

Wonder if they stick by this schedule? I would highly doubt it at this point. Enrollments and school openings in general are completely up in the air!

7 hours ago, bounder said:

Or they could just do nothing and say we'll take care of it next year.

Or the year after. That way you dont mess up home and away contracts and schedules. This would just becomes 6 year classification cycle.

Edited by Joyful94

1 hour ago, Joyful94 said:

Or the year after. That way you dont mess up home and away contracts and schedules. This would just becomes 6 year classification cycle.

or they could base it on what the schools reported last year.  That would be very close to what it would have been this year.  

• Like 1

I don't see it as an issue! Home schooling is one thing, but parents keeping kids at home but still taking the school's online programs, aren't they still counted in their school's enrollment? To me, a school's enrollment numbers would not change unless the parents declare them "home schooled" and not merely staying home and taking their public school classes at home(if the school systems go that route). Am I missing something? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...