TSSAA Football Re-Classification

sportsguy22

i now think they will just extend 2 years which is a mistake.  Just in the area in which I live if you use last year's numbers Spring Hill, Nolensville move up to 5A, Summit and Shelbyville to 6A and Fairview is close if not over the 4A number. I am sure there are several more but those are the ones that I am somewhat familiar with. If you extend then those schools will be playing in a classification in which they far outnumber the others in the region.  Not as hard as what the TSSAA makes it seem.  They just don't want the criticism that comes with it

3 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

i now think they will just extend 2 years which is a mistake.  Just in the area in which I live if you use last year's numbers Spring Hill, Nolensville move up to 5A, Summit and Shelbyville to 6A and Fairview is close if not over the 4A number. I am sure there are several more but those are the ones that I am somewhat familiar with. If you extend then those schools will be playing in a classification in which they far outnumber the others in the region.  Not as hard as what the TSSAA makes it seem.  They just don't want the criticism that comes with it

why wouldn't they just use the enrollment figures from last year or is that just too easy and makes perfect sense

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

One of the board of directors said he has talked to many coaches in east tn and none of them want to reclassify this year

Yeah it’s probably going to be pushed back. Why not just do it in the spring? The football coaches may have to wait a little longer to make their contracts and set their schedules, but that’s not too much to ask. I just think putting it off a year or two is too premature  and both create pretty significant issues with unfairness and schedule/contract problems. Thoughts?

Why not re-classify and try to match up with as many surrounding states as possible?  There has to be some teams from Ky, NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, Arkansas that would be willing to cross the border and play.  Have no clue if its possible but worth looking into.

Reclassification is not going to happen, IMO. They feel they will have their hands full trying to get this season in with possible changes and Covid things. Hard to meet face to face and have meetings. Have to do zoom meetings. Coaches have to have schedules in and rental contracts have to be in. I predict a 2 year extension. Reason is nobody wants to mess with it because of the Covid crisis and having meetings to try and get seasons played.

21 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Reclassification is not going to happen, IMO. They feel they will have their hands full trying to get this season in with possible changes and Covid things. Hard to meet face to face and have meetings. Have to do zoom meetings. Coaches have to have schedules in and rental contracts have to be in. I predict a 2 year extension. Reason is nobody wants to mess with it because of the Covid crisis and having meetings to try and get seasons played.

They should have plenty of time because this year will be canceled