POWELL FOOTBALL 2020

9 hours ago, bounder said:

Now HTV you know that's too easy!  haha

Knowing both coaches like I do, I have a feeling both would be good with it.  

Powell was scheduled to be at Greeneville, and GP at Hampton.  So figure out a site and split the gate.  It would be a win/win for both teams, giving each a half gate that they weren't going to have otherwise.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HTV said:

Powell was scheduled to be at Greeneville, and GP at Hampton.  So figure out a site and split the gate.  It would be a win/win for both teams, giving each a half gate that they weren't going to have otherwise.  

Half of the Gate might not cover the game expense with very reduced attendance due to COVID restrictions.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, HTV said:

Great idea!  

8 minutes ago, HSfootballan said:

Half of the Gate might not cover the game expense with very reduced attendance due to COVID restrictions.

Understand.  So pay the expenses and then split what's left.  

It's not rocket surgery.  

Both teams were going to have bus bills and meal costs going on the road, anyway.  Like the saying goes, it's better to get part of the pie than no pie at all.  

And I have to believe that both want a 10th game on the schedule, and especially early in the season not knowing how many games they are actually going to play.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TopTenn said:

Powell Panthers offense is fast. QB can move. The running backs are fast.  Receivers are really fast.  Powell Panthers defense is fast.  The linebackers are fast.  Safeties are really fast.  Corners are  really, really fast. Fun to watch!

guess all those slow teams they play will be in trouble... Fulton, AC, West, SD, OR...