POWELL FOOTBALL 2020

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Understand.  

Chemistry is great, but hands and feet make plays, not chemistry.  

1 hour ago, keepitmoving said:

Ya Potts, and the talented WR core have played together since 6th grade.  So the chemistry should be there for a good year.  Potts def. works well in the pocket and can go threw his progressions pretty quick.  Will be fun to watch.  

If he can stay clean he should be able put up some yards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyUtah said:

If he can stay clean he should be able put up some yards. 

I've known Matt Lowe for a long time, and I know who he has on his offensive coaching staff.  I'm not at all worried about Powell putting up yards and scoring points.  Matt Lowe offenses are going to do that.  

It's replacing some key defensive losses that concerns me much more than offense.  

1 hour ago, HTV said:

I've known Matt Lowe for a long time, and I know who he has on his offensive coaching staff.  I'm not at all worried about Powell putting up yards and scoring points.  Matt Lowe offenses are going to do that.  

It's replacing some key defensive losses that concerns me much more than offense.  

a valid concern. It may be a year where they put up Big 12 numbers on offense. My concern with Potts is his size and if he's durable for a full season. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HTV said:

Ya the defense concerns me as well.  The D line is really small, and might present problems in the run game.  Offensively they are loaded.  They may just need to outscore people this year.  We will see! 

20 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

a valid concern. It may be a year where they put up Big 12 numbers on offense. My concern with Potts is his size and if he's durable for a full season. 

Potts makes quick decisions, and is a smart runner and avoids big hits.  Unlike Trusley who would throw his body around.  They say he is 6'0" and 165lbs now and still growing.  But ya he def. needs to stay healthy for them to be successful this year.  

This isn't breaking news, but Greeneville has shutdown football until next week. As a result, they've chosen to cancel their opener against the Panthers. Greeneville has said they will attempt to pick up an opponent during their open date (9/25). As for Powell, I would assume they'd try to pick up an opponent during their open date, if possible (10/9). So as of now, the season will begin on Rivalry Thursday (8/27) against Anderson County.

Knox County has delayed the start of school for a 2nd time and will now begin on 8/24. I know there have been a lot of conversations locally about delaying sports in Knox County, but I've still not seen anything official from KCS. I assume they are trying to do everything "normally" for as long as they can.

15 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

This isn't breaking news, but Greeneville has shutdown football until next week. As a result, they've chosen to cancel their opener against the Panthers. Greeneville has said they will attempt to pick up an opponent during their open date (9/25). As for Powell, I would assume they'd try to pick up an opponent during their open date, if possible (10/9). So as of now, the season will begin on Rivalry Thursday (8/27) against Anderson County.

Knox County has delayed the start of school for a 2nd time and will now begin on 8/24. I know there have been a lot of conversations locally about delaying sports in Knox County, but I've still not seen anything official from KCS. I assume they are trying to do everything "normally" for as long as they can.

Wow! Hope AC is ready. That should be another Great Game! 

11 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Another tidbit is that Morristown East and Morristown West have told Packer TV that they can't guarantee that they'll be able to play on August 20, so Packer is looking for another game.  

I would think that if they play East and West will move that game to Friday August 21.  

If this season actually gets off the ground there will be many more scenarios like this.  Hindsight is 20/20, as the saying goes, but it's looking like the Option 2 with 8 regular season games, 2 playoff teams from each region, and the rest being able to pick up 2 extra games on the end might have been the more realistic scenario.  

4 minutes ago, HTV said:

If this season actually gets off the ground there will be many more scenarios like this.  Hindsight is 20/20, as the saying goes, but it's looking like the Option 2 with 8 regular season games, 2 playoff teams from each region, and the rest being able to pick up 2 extra games on the end might have been the more realistic scenario.  

Completely agree.