COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

I made a post regarding this topic weeks ago but now the subject has came up and it's been hot & heavy in the last week.  The 2020 high school football season is something that many school districts are going to want to see pushed back due to the fact that some districts haven't had an opportunity to do anything all summer.  We have one more week and then the two week 'Dead Period' will follow.  On July 6th football workouts are scheduled to resume with hopes of playing the 2020 season beginning on Friday August 21st.  

If there's a delay in the season it's going to have to be pushed back to the week of September 4th.  This is the absolute "worst case scenario" to where we could fit the entire season & playoffs in before Christmas.  

Anything other than this would result in eliminating games and/or number of playoff qualifiers from each region.  

COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON:  EMERGENCY PLAN

Week 1:  9/4

Week 2:  9/11

Week 3:  9/18

Week 4:  9/25

Week 5:  10/2

Week 6:  10/9

Week 7:  10/16

Week 8:  10/23

Week 9:  10/30

Week 10:  11/6

Week 11:  11/13

Round 1:  11/20

Round 2:  11/27 (Thanksgiving Weekend)

Quarterfinals:  12/4

Semifinals:  12/11

State Championships:  12/17, 12/18, 12/19

The following two weekends would be Christmas on 12/25 and New Year's on 1/1 and those are both out of the question.  Anything after this would not work because of the threat of severe weather and it would run into the second semester of the school year.  

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

Also heard metro is looking into going to school mon-Thur and off fridays. Also a Half and half plan”AandB days

26 has any of the Metro schools been able to start anything yet ? Giles started back June 1st with conditioning . Man i hope the so called "Experts" get this stuff under control and we can get back to normal and play some  ball this fall . Looking foward to another PC/Giles Co battle !

14 minutes ago, CatDaddy1 said:

26 has any of the Metro schools been able to start anything yet ? Giles started back June 1st with conditioning . Man i hope the so called "Experts" get this stuff under control and we can get back to normal and play some  ball this fall . Looking foward to another PC/Giles Co battle !

NOPE smh. Only the privates have been able to practice. Our start date was the 8th but with Metro Nashville we can’t practice until phase 3 and we have been stuck in 2 for weeks. I hope so to cat daddy 

Edited by FBfan26

Here is what a potential 2020 season could look like with a restricted playoff field

(16 Teams = Top 2 Teams from Each Region):

COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON:  EMERGENCY PLAN

Week 1:  9/11

Week 2:  9/18

Week 3:  9/25

Week 4:  10/2

Week 5:  10/9

Week 6:  10/16

Week 7:  10/23

Week 8:  10/30

Week 9:  11/6

Week 10:  11/13

Week 11:  11/20

First Round:  11/27 (Thanksgiving Weekend)

Quarterfinals:  12/4

Semifinals:  12/11

State Championships:  12/17, 12/18, 12/19

Its not going to change. Spikes are due to the economy and unemployment getting better. If you havent figured out this is a political agenda your way behind the game. Tennessee is a red state. The blue counties will hold out as long as they can and have spikes. The rest of us will have football as normal after dead period. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 1:48 PM, FBfan26 said:

NOPE smh. Only the privates have been able to practice. Our start date was the 8th but with Metro Nashville we can’t practice until phase 3 and we have been stuck in 2 for weeks. I hope so to cat daddy 

Ain’t lookin good 26....

On 6/15/2020 at 1:48 PM, FBfan26 said:

Just saw Nashville going back to phase 2 

• 2 weeks later...