COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

2 hours ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

As I've already said it might be a year or two or longer before there's some sort of control on this thing.  Heck, maybe never.  Are we willing to go several years before we play sports, and everything else to return completely?  We might need to come to grips with this and realize our new norm possibly includes this virus, and others that might pop up.  In other words, we need to learn to live with it, since it's probably not going away soon.

Agreed, problem is that the people who ultimately make the decisions may not be on same page with us. 

53 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Agreed, problem is that the people who ultimately make the decisions may not be on same page with us. 

You are correct and the administrations in schools will not base school opening or schedule on sports.

1 minute ago, mondo44 said:

To be honest I would be okay with online  school in the fall. That would enable players to be somewhat isolated and would enable the best chance to have a season. 

Problem is that if school is 100% remote this fall, there will be no sports.

5 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I think getting back to a responsible normal is important.  If you don’t want to go watch or send your kids then that is up to you but others disagree.  No magic vaccine is coming anytime soon.  

They canceled the spring sports and need to cancel fall sports also In 2020. There are so much more they need to understand about this virus. They need to see if they are a vaccine in January 2021. They need to get control of it. Need to home school kids till after Christmas then try to go back January of 2021

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Problem is that if school is 100% remote this fall, there will be no sports.

Not what I was told. Summer county has plan with 3 different options based on the number of cases on a percentage basis. Just because kids are taking online classes doesn’t mean there should not be any sports. If you are waiting on a vaccine before there are sports it may be 2 or 3 years. 

14 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

They canceled the spring sports and need to cancel fall sports also In 2020. There are so much more they need to understand about this virus. They need to see if they are a vaccine in January 2021. They need to get control of it. Need to home school kids till after Christmas then try to go back January of 2021

There will not be a vaccine by January 2021. Probably should shut everything down and not allow anyone out of their house for at least 3 or 4 years. Government sends everybody a couple thousand every month. No jobs, economy collapses, that is what the fear mongers want. It’s COVID now, murder hornets next? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Djohnson said:

Everything got shut down after the NBA had a few players test positive.  Sports across the board ended.  Sports starts back up and players are testing positive and are being isolated yet sports are continuing to open up. Sounds like the powers that be are learning to get control of it.  What about the families where both parents work in the household?  How can those families that rely on both incomes home school?   Like I said before, if they play sports, you have a choice.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Djohnson said:

This is exactly what they want us to do,go into hiding and be afraid of our own shadow!Life has to go on America cant shut down.Kids need to get back to normal and so do we.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mondo44 said:

Not what I was told. Summer county has plan with 3 different options based on the number of cases on a percentage basis. Just because kids are taking online classes doesn’t mean there should not be any sports. If you are waiting on a vaccine before there are sports it may be 2 or 3 years. 

I can't speak for Sumner County, but Knox County has indicated (nothing official until mid/late July) that if they go that route, there won't be sports or sanctioned extra-curricular activities for Knox schools in the fall. I would bet that Hamilton County, Davidson County, and Shelby County are probably in the same camp as KCS on this.

Again, I'm not saying that it's the right thing, but I've heard a lot of rumblings this week that a hybrid "50-50" model is under heavy consideration in Knox County for the fall. If that is the road that KCS takes, I have no idea how that will impact football.

Edited by osunut2

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

I can't speak for Sumner County, but Knox County has indicated (nothing official until mid/late July) that if they go that route, there won't be sports or sanctioned extra-curricular activities for Knox schools in the fall. I would bet that Hamilton County, Davidson County, and Shelby County are probably in the same camp as KCS on this.

Again, I'm not saying that it's the right thing, but I've heard a lot of rumblings this week that a hybrid "50-50" model is under heavy consideration in Knox County for the fall. If that is the road that KCS takes, I have no idea how that will impact football.

I would bet most schools that have to play those schools due to being in the same district already have an alternative schedule in place.  I know Gallatin does.  

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I would bet most schools that have to play those schools due to being in the same district already have an alternative schedule in place.  I know Gallatin does.  

I would hope so. It'll be a mess in the Knoxville area, if this does happen. For 5A teams like Seymour, Sevier County, Clinton, Oak Ridge, and Campbell County, at least half of their games are played against KCS teams.

Edited by osunut2

• CoachT locked this topic