COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

15 minutes ago, Joyful95 said:

This is the problem with a regular start time. Some local districts are not going to want to start tackle football when cases are going up.  Those local districts might might be more than happy to hold starting practice until August 31st in hopes of cases going down.  I think that you might see some districts balk at a normal start time and cancel out of fear/concern. An abbreviated season might be a compromise that helps local districts feel more at ease with giving  the go ahead to start actual football.  Remember that just because the Governor and the TSSAA say you can play football the final decision lies with the individual school districts and just like Governor Lee's decision and the TSSSA's decisions are being driven by liability concerns so will local districts.  Lower case numbers, hospitalization numbers and deaths would help ease those concerns.

*Please keep your political opinions out of this.

Watch the media briefing. Cases are going up because more people are getting tested. The percentage of sick people are staying the same. So you can assume around 9% of people have it at any give time. If you test 100 your going to get 9 positives. If you test 1000 your going to get 90. While that is an increase of 81 people tested positive its not getting worse. You just tested more people. I would suggest everyone watches Bill Lees media briefing when he lets the doctors talk. The numbers arent that bad when she explains it. I feel much better about all this then I did a week ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Remember that time when the President ordered a halt to travel from China and other trouble spots and Nancy Pelosi and the reest of the dems called him racist and encouraged her constituents to come to Chinatown and have a huge street party? 

Yeah, didn't thin so.  

POTUS will be fine.  It's the dems who need negative covid news to dominate the news cycle.  Continuing to hide their candidate in his own basement isn't going to work. 

COVID-19 is Global Pandemic Key word is Global. He should have closed down all foreign airline traffic. But he didn’t cause he didn’t want the airline industry be against him,  shocker he is running for re-election.

Fact, 40K people flew in from China after the ban. 

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-trump-china-travel-ban-45a2da12-8063-4ad9-ba28-61cdeb1ce0b3.html

Edited by mjuhb

The Oak Ridge Football Booster are going to start selling two types of Wildcat masks for $ 10 each. I already wear an Atlanta Braves mask every time I go out but will switch over to OR masks as soon as possible.

... a great way to raise money for Booster Clubs.

... helps prevent the spread of the virus along with social distancing and washing hands.

... meets the requirement in many areas that require mandatory mask wearing.

... looks cool as heck representing your favorite high school sports teams.

Best of luck to everybody in their efforts to stay virus free. Be smart, be kind to your fellow American and respect the opinions of others. Please, remember a mask is not a political symbol unless you make it one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjuhb said:

COVID-19 is Global Pandemic Key word is Global. He should have closed down all foreign airline traffic. But he didn’t cause he didn’t want the airline industry be against him,  shocker he is running for re-election.

Fact, 40K people flew in from China after the ban. 

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-trump-china-travel-ban-45a2da12-8063-4ad9-ba28-61cdeb1ce0b3.html

Quit the biased political crazy nonsense now!! You seem to be trying to shut another topic down! Stop it!

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Quit the biased political crazy nonsense now!! You seem to be trying to shut another topic down! Stop it!

Biased, you mean what you don’t agree with. Cause if I was saying the opposite you’d be loving it. 

No I will not stop. 

Edited by mjuhb
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Take a hint! End the political talk period!! You seem to be trying to get us shut down with a good topic! Give it a rest!!

See the problem you have with me is the same problem Trump has with Dr Fauci. Trump can’t control the narrative if Fauci is telling The Truth. You are trying present a Republican narrative with that article about negative tests not being reported and putting a Ron DeSantis tweet up. But countering your biased narrative with Actual Facts. 

if want to end it then you end your biased opinion 

Edited by mjuhb
  • Like 3

• CoachT locked this topic