COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

5 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Yes sir. People need to realize it's just a message board dont get so bent out of shape. Everyone on here has their own opinions and not everyone agrees which is perfectly fine. 

We don't have to agree to be "friends"... but I don't enjoy being belittled for my viewpoints, pigeonholed politically, or the status of my concern for the safety of others evaluated by someone who has no idea who I am or how I think.

Evidently it's "perfectly fine" for you to interpret the underlying sentiment of my words into what you think, but it's an overreaction if I choose to defend them.

Not that you need it at all, but you are free to state whatever opinion you wish, just as I am free to to make a counterpoint to it.

7 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

We don't have to agree to be "friends"... but I don't enjoy being belittled for my viewpoints, pigeonholed politically, or the status of my concern for the safety of others evaluated by someone who has no idea who I am or how I think.

Evidently it's "perfectly fine" for you to interpret the underlying sentiment of my words into what you think, but it's an overreaction if I choose to defend them.

Not that you need it at all, but you are free to state whatever opinion you wish, just as I am free to to make a counterpoint to it.

:thumb: 

34 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Yes sir. People need to realize it's just a message board dont get so bent out of shape. Everyone on here has their own opinions and not everyone agrees which is perfectly fine. 

It’s just a message board but we do have standards and expectations. You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. Too many of the pro-Covid , anti sports posters come on here spewing Sensational headlines but they don’t read the articles. You earlier stated “ I know young kids and young adults that are on ventilators due to covid 19. “ Though possible that is unlikely anyone on here knows many young kids and young adults on ventilators because that is an uncommon occurrence. Nothing is gained in the debate by adding emotional hyperbole. 

3 minutes ago, Salem said:

It’s just a message board but we do have standards and expectations. You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. Too many of the pro-Covid , anti sports posters come on here spewing Sensational headlines but they don’t read the articles. You earlier stated “ I know young kids and young adults that are on ventilators due to covid 19. “ Though possible that is unlikely anyone on here knows many young kids and young adults on ventilators because that is an uncommon occurrence. Nothing is gained in the debate by adding emotional hyperbole. 

I know a young lady that is 19 years old that is on a ventilator as we speak sir. That is a fact. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

This is the issue at hand. One side wants everyone to gather the information and make the best decision for their family, The other side wants the government or governing bodies to shut the entire thing down. No one gets to decide. They've already cost thousands of basketball, soccer, baseball, softball, and track and field players a season and still aren't satisfied. 

Ah yes, let's pretend like we're trying to choose between chocolate and sh*t-flavored ice cream...

Salem, whether you agree or not, both sides are trying to gather information and make the most "appropriate" decision. I get that you completely disagree with the shutdown option (I don't agree with it either), but some think it's the best way to stop this runaway COVID train. The reality is no one knows for sure what effect that would have. 

I just think most rational people are somewhere in the middle. A lot of folks are conflicted, myself included, because we still don't entirely understand what we're dealing with.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Ah yes, let's pretend like we're trying to choose between chocolate and sh*t-flavored ice cream...

Salem, whether you agree or not, both sides are trying to gather information and make the most "appropriate" decision. I get that you completely disagree with the shutdown option (I don't agree with it either), but some think it's the best way to stop this runaway COVID train. The reality is no one knows for sure what effect that would have. 

I just think most rational people are somewhere in the middle. A lot of folks are conflicted, myself included, because we still don't entirely understand what we're dealing with.

Exactly!! Great post

• CoachT locked this topic