COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

Well Blount County just allowed a big fair at the local mall, you know the kind that rolls into town with a sixty year old scrambler that gets taken apart and put back together with an allen wrench 50 times a year by a meth head with no teeth that loves to eat sticks of butter deep fried. Now the first week back to school a kid at Alcoa Middle tested positive and so has the Mayor of Blount County's wife of all people that should not have allowed that fair to happen especially with all these numbers getting higher and school around the corner.

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2020 at 11:25 AM, sportsguy22 said:

We hope so. I don’t know if there is proof that they help much at all. It’s the current media narrative though, so it’s assumed that they help. The interesting thing to find out would be how many folks who have been wearing masks still get the virus. I’m not sure if we’ll ever find out those true numbers however.

Seems to be putting something instead of nothing between your mouth and others has to help somewhat.

4 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Seems to be putting something instead of nothing between your mouth and others has to help somewhat.

Like I said, we all certainly hope so. Problem is...so many people don’t wear them properly and touch them continuously, so germs still spread regardless. Also, some masks may be helpful and some may not be. It’s a false sense of security in many ways. With the contagious nature of this, you’d have to honestly think the masks are not helping too much...otherwise, why are protests and mass marches not condemned if everyone is so at risk in big crowds?! Mass chaos.

2 minutes ago, Joyful95 said:

It is unfortunate but what happened with the Miami Marlins will not help peoples opinions.  You would think major league baseball could control an outbreak.

Yup. Didn't even take an entire week, sadly. This could certainly be a one-off situation, so I think the reaction from MLB was reasonable. But if this happens to another team in the next week or so, I don't know if baseball will continue this season.

I doubt the TSSAA is watching, but the NBA, NHL, NFL, and college football are all paying close attention.

3 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

If a fart/odor can travel thru your undies and your pants, could it travel thru a cloth msk?  

This debate again...

PSA - Airborne viruses aren't like farts/odors  :lol:  They don't magically travel through thin air. They require a motive force (e.g., water droplets, mucous, etc). Seriously, why are we still debating this?

Just now, osunut2 said:

This debate again...

PSA - Airborne viruses aren't like farts/odors  :lol:  They don't magically travel through thin air. They require a motive force (e.g., water droplets, mucous, etc). Seriously, why are we still debating this?

If you doubt this look up "olfactory epithelium".

23 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

This debate again...

Thanks for fast response.   What particles are smaller an airborne V or a gas order?  Could wind move/blow like a force?  Fart from a t.end or sneezing from a nose, it’s still coming out/forced out by the body. Water droplets from a v or from a wet odor.  Have a great day everyone. I’ll hang up an listen.

Edited by Romansfive8

• CoachT locked this topic