COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

51 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

Allegedly.  These are fake news numbers. If you die of anything while corona positive your a covid death. Number is probably 10-15% of that number. 

This ^ is 100% correct. I’m sorry but if anyone out there actually believes all the “Corona deaths” are solely because the person had the Coronavirus your living in a dream world. Lesson I learned a LONG time ago, Don’t believe everything your hear on TV :thumb:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

FOOTBALL IS A GO! 
I think this is Great News! I would not have wanted to make that decision. Hopefully it was not based on politics but science. And more importantly wishing all of the students and football players a safe and Healthy FULL season! :thumb:

I have a hunch they have been looking at the trends. Everyone has peaked and the numbers are dropping significantly. Not to mention, the death rate is continuing to plummet and, more  importantly, kids are the lowest risk of the entire population. At this rate, we will be well past the numbers game in about 2 weeks or so. Things are getting better, despite the barrage of negative media coverage which is determined to continue the fear and panic headlines.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I have a hunch they have been looking at the trends. Everyone has peaked and the numbers are dropping significantly. Not to mention, the death rate is continuing to plummet and, more  importantly, kids are the lowest risk of the entire population. At this rate, we will be well past the numbers game in about 2 weeks or so. Things are getting better, despite the barrage of negative media coverage which is determined to continue the fear and panic headlines.

We should see a bump in cases after schools reopen and the media (And a few coachT posters) will act like the sky is falling. Also expect every student or teacher with a positive test to lead the local news. Hopefully, Gov Lee will take the DeSantis approach - counter the emotional media hysteria with calm facts and hold strong. Floridians are on the verge of extinction according to the media but their hotels and beaches are full of people from all over the country.

Edited by Salem
  • Like 2

I'm excited if we can pull this off but I can't set in this humidity with a mask on for ten minutes or i would pass out. Just interested in knowing plans now on seating and how that would work out. Would be very upset driving to a game to find out only a certain few fans could get in and I'm not about to show up 3 hours before a game wearing a mask to get inside to watch and neither would anyone else that is older.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm excited if we can pull this off but I can't set in this humidity with a mask on for ten minutes or i would pass out. Just interested in knowing plans now on seating and how that would work out. Would be very upset driving to a game to find out only a certain few fans could get in and I'm not about to show up 3 hours before a game wearing a mask to get inside to watch and neither would anyone else that is older.

I think you will see a majority of schools sell tickets online.  That way you know before hand if you got one or not.  

1 hour ago, Salem said:

We should see a bump in cases after schools reopen and the media (And a few coachT posters) will act like the sky is falling. Also expect every student or teacher with a positive test to lead the local news. Hopefully, Gov Lee will take the DeSantis approach - counter the emotional media hysteria with calm facts and hold strong. Floridians are on the verge of extinction according to the media but their hotels and beaches are full of people from all over the country.

You're smarter than the average bear Salem. I'm predicting a big spike in cases shortly after returning to the classroom, not because of transmission from students, but because there are so many asymptomatic kids who will be tested from being "exposed" after the first positive test on each campus. I just hope that the Governor and TSSAA are expecting this as well, and use the some logic in processing the information.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

You're smarter than the average bear Salem. I'm predicting a big spike in cases shortly after returning to the classroom, not because of transmission from students, but because there are so many asymptomatic kids who will be tested from being "exposed" after the first positive test on each campus. I just hope that the Governor and TSSAA are expecting this as well, and use the some logic in processing the information.

Lee's held strong in July. The good Dr Birx publicly recommended a statewide mask mandate and to close restaurants and bars again in TN after meeting with him. He politely said no, are you ready for some football!

My crystal ball also expects a huge spike in cases in mid to late October accompanied by renewed cries of schools to close and mail in voting. 

2 hours ago, Salem said:

DeSantis in FL is battling things like this, probably all governors are but not all of it gets reported the way this one did.    Notice how they start backpedalling after they got busted....  "Oh yeah that was a mistake, he has been removed from the counts, do not pay attention to the man behind the curtain......."

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-man-killed-crash-listed-covid-19-death-raising-doubts-over-health-data-1518994

23 minutes ago, Salem said:

Lee's held strong in July. The good Dr Birx publicly recommended a statewide mask mandate and to close restaurants and bars again in TN after meeting with him. He politely said no, are you ready for some football!

My crystal ball also expects a huge spike in cases in mid to late October accompanied by renewed cries of schools to close and mail in voting. 

THE STORIES ARE ALREADY WRITTEN. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It infuriated me yesterday to see on social media and hear on broadcast media the number of blue check marks and sports talkers and other media's gnashing of teeth over Lee's decision.  For once can't they just be happy that some young folks are going to get some much needed structure and leadership back in their lives from coaches and other staffers?  If they can't understand this, then maybe they need to get the heck out of sports media.  

The coaches know what they have to do, or at least they are learning along with everybody else.  They aren't going to jeopardize their young folks knowing that if they don't follow protocol the plug will be pulled for the season.  Those guys and gals aren't stupid.  

And I am no doctor, and I don't pretend to be one on the interwebz, but the rates of deaths as a percentage of numbers of positive tests continue to plummet in Florida, Texas, and everywhere else that the blue check media predicted that everybody would be dead by now.  

Wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, wear a mask if it makes you comfortable, don't drink and eat after each other, and use a good sense approach. 

And don't force elderly people who have tested positive back in to nursing homes.  

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic