COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

28 minutes ago, tj3775 said:

or Google! Or Facebook or Twitter or........

I get what your saying, trust me. I build my views off my own research and belief. I don’t watch any news on either “side.” To me, if there’s a real pandemic and people’s ACTUAL lives are in true danger, it shouldn’t matter what your political views are. A virus doesn’t care if your Democrat or Republican....or at least it shouldn’t :wink:

13 minutes ago, tj3775 said:

A good friend of mine had this analogy (BTW, he is a microbiologist). 

"Catching Covid is a bad thing but I think it's worse for athletes. See, Athletes train a lot and their bodies are tuned for performance. That is good for them as it makes them perform better. BUT all that training had a adverse effect too. Its like a formula racecar vs an old ford pickup. Yes, the racecar is faster and performs better than the truck but if you pull one of the spark plug wires on the racecar, it's performance goes further down the scale than if you pull one of the truck sparkplug wires. That's why when one of these athletes goes down with an injury, the same injury to you and me wouldn't be as bad on us."

so dont be an ahole and come back with a smart #### remark. He is entitled to his opinion as you are to yours. As Thumpers' dad said to him, "If you can't say nuffin nice, dont say nuffin at all"

Ok that is entirely too strange and way out there...not even worth a response. Have a good one! Stay positive.

1 hour ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Pay per view broadcasting.  It's done at every travel sport tournament so it can easily be done on a high school football game.  No risk of exposure from others AND you get concessions from your own fridge. 

Nothing like actually being at a high school football though, I've missed very few Gallatin games over the last 40 years.  Add to that now my wife is a cheer coach, and my two stepdaughters are on the squad, so I'll do everything I can to get into each game.  If I don't I'll find the best spot on the fence outside.

3 minutes ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

Nothing like actually being at a high school football though, I've missed very few Gallatin games over the last 40 years.  Add to that now my wife is a cheer coach, and my two stepdaughters are on the squad, so I'll do everything I can to get into each game.  If I don't I'll find the best spot on the fence outside.

wear your mask 

3 hours ago, BatmanLives said:

I'm thankful it's not as hard on the young folks since I have three in their 20's to 30's.It's their grandparents and us older folks that will be impacted the most if it comes home.I'm like many of you and have had a good life.I'm good to go if it's covid, lightning or something in-between. I've had my days of challenging four guys to a fight and being 10 foot tall and bullet proof.That said, I'm also a little on the greedy side and would like to stay around for a few more football seasons.It,s just common sense to take every precaution while living your life to the max.

In addition, many reports are surfacing with research evidence that kids are likely not shedding this virus. So, again, it’s that fear and panic headline effect from the daily media coverage that worries people, very possibly for no reason whatsoever. The “bringing it home from school” fear may not even be possible. It would obviously still be smart to be safe regardless.

5 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

In addition, many reports are surfacing with research evidence that kids are likely not shedding this virus. So, again, it’s that fear and panic headline effect from the daily media coverage that worries people, very possibly for no reason whatsoever. The “bringing it home from school” fear may not even be possible. It would obviously still be smart to be safe regardless.

*Modified your response to reflect what others studies are saying. 

In addition, many reports are surfacing with research evidence that kids are likely sharing this virus. So, again, it’s that fear and panic headline effect from the daily media coverage that worries people, very possibly for good reason whatsoever. The “bringing it home from school” fear may be possible. It would obviously still be smart to be safe regardless.

• CoachT locked this topic