COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I'm not trying to single out or defend Fauci. Maybe it was my poor attempt, but I was making a broader point about the general public (and some on the T), who seem to think they know better than the large swath of medical professionals out there who are knee deep in this.

I like what you say here osunut2. You seem to be using Common Sense.

My opinion there are two groups on the T. The Common sense side and the Conspiracy side. The Common sense side sees a fluidity in the struggle to fight the virus and admits when the results of Scientific Research calls for adjustment in the fight. The Conspiracy side make up "facts" and when needed make up different "facts" to avoid dealing with reality.

Just a random opinion not directed at anyone. To be honest, I have lost the ability to recall who said what.

1 minute ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

My opinion there are two groups on the T. The Common sense side and the Conspiracy side. The Common sense side sees a fluidity in the struggle to fight the virus and admits when the results of Scientific Research calls for adjustment in the fight. The Conspiracy side make up "facts" and when needed make up different "facts" to avoid dealing with reality.

Just a random opinion not directed at anyone. To be honest, I have lost the ability to recall who said what.

I truly understand both views and just like in politics, nobody is going to change the other sides opinion.Thats why you should never argue with someone who has a completely different political view , religious belief,or any stance totally different from your own.That is also exactly why our leaders in the state and DC.can't do anything halfway,most of the time.The only thing that will change either sides view on this virus is if there is a therapeutic drug to cure covid on one side or it hits home with someone like it did  Texas representative Louie Gohmert .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

And the facts now, which is definitely the most important thing. Kids are by far the least at risk on the planet from this virus....virtually a 100% survival rate. The people with underlying health conditions and the elderly (specifically over the age of 80) are the most at risk and should be careful yet not panic. Even this category has an 85% survival rate. Everyone else has a 99.9% chance to survive, much better rate than heart disease, cancer, car accidents, suicides, homicides, pneumonia, and the flu. We are not sure if kids can shed the virus or not, specifically if they have no symptoms. We also are not sure if this virus can spread via surfaces at all. We also have all kinds of “expert” disagreements on treatments, masks, gloves, face shields, etc. Many, many ideas and recommendations have constantly changed and change daily. We have a massive group of pediatric doctors who say kids can safely be in school and should be there. We also have zero proof that contact sports are more dangerous than mass protests and riots, which is an important comparison. We are living in a highly politicized, agenda-driven biased era, maybe now more than ever. There you go. Those are the facts! 

24 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

I truly understand both views and just like in politics, nobody is going to change the other sides opinion.Thats why you should never argue with someone who has a completely different political view , religious belief,or any stance totally different from your own.That is also exactly why our leaders in the state and DC.can't do anything halfway,most of the time.The only thing that will change either sides view on this virus is if there is a therapeutic drug to cure covid on one side or it hits home with someone like it did  Texas representative Louie Gohmert .

Or Herman Cain. RIP

4 hours ago, Salem said:

It is hysterical if you think the inconsistency is from the scientific method. Masks don't affect the virology. We are dealing with transmission. Asian countries have long ago gone with the mask hypothesis. Multiple studies have shown they are ineffective, had no effect, or increased transmission depending on the user. 

The post I responded to made the assertion we were dealing with a virus that was completely unknown in our country until March. That isn't true. The below article shows it's possible that the virus has been around far longer and no one was panicking. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11565077/fears-coronavirus-europe-october-french-athletes-military-games-wuhan/

Fact is people are criticizing, berating, and erasing medical professionals who don't repeat the same ideas that Fauci does. Imagine being a doctor with experience with Covid Patients (Fauci has zero) and Dr. Facebook, Dr Youtube, and Dr Twitter scrub any video you put out.

If you want to think this is some brand new, supernatural virus that the genius Dr Fauci is hard at work on and it's only a matter of time before he gives you his vaccine and saves the world go ahead. 

Fauci shoots down doctor after doctor after doctor on Hydroxychloroquine. He is shooting down doctors that are face to face with Covid patients in droves. His game got old with me quick. He has a big time political agenda and the less I see this clown the better off I will be.

5 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Or Herman Cain. RIP

Herman was a Stage 4 Cancer survivor. He was in the highest risk category you can possibly be in. Again, because of politics, people will continually overreact and overblow this as with everything. He was a fantastic American and a patriot regardless! RIP Herman. God Bless your entire family.

19 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

So we have the common sense side (the sky is falling, lock everything down until Dr Fauci gives the all clear) and the Conspiracy nuts (the side who link CDC statistics and question our governmental/medical experts and provide other medical experts opinion's on Covid)?  You have a 56 page thread it shouldn't be difficult to come up with tons of specific examples of made up "facts". 

Fauci has many, many conflicting statements out there. He's Bidenesque at times. His two most famous ones are the mask evolution and his hydroxychloroquine criticism. 

Below is a link to a study piece from the NIH from 2005. It shows the effectiveness of chloroquine in treating SARS-Cov1 infections. A derivative of hydroxychloroquine that so many MD's and DO's are claiming is saving their patients. You want to guess who was the NIH director in 2005? The same guy who says hydroxychloroquine should not be used treating SARS COV2 today. Fauci says it has no chance to work and shouldn't be considered. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16115318/

32 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

And the facts now, which is definitely the most important thing. Kids are by far the least at risk on the planet from this virus....virtually a 100% survival rate. The people with underlying health conditions and the elderly (specifically over the age of 80) are the most at risk and should be careful yet not panic. Even this category has an 85% survival rate. Everyone else has a 99.9% chance to survive, much better rate than heart disease, cancer, car accidents, suicides, homicides, pneumonia, and the flu. We are not sure if kids can shed the virus or not, specifically if they have no symptoms. We also are not sure if this virus can spread via surfaces at all. We also have all kinds of “expert” disagreements on treatments, masks, gloves, face shields, etc. Many, many ideas and recommendations have constantly changed and change daily. We have a massive group of pediatric doctors who say kids can safely be in school and should be there. We also have zero proof that contact sports are more dangerous than mass protests and riots, which is an important comparison. We are living in a highly politicized, agenda-driven biased era, maybe now more than ever. There you go. Those are the facts! 

What college degrees did you obtain?  That is part of the "facts" you want me to believe. To b fair to you I will reveal my highest college degree...Masters in Early Childhood Education. My degree does not make me an expert in the topic we are discussing. Dr. Fauci is however. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

What college degrees did you obtain?  That is part of the "facts" you want me to believe. To b fair to you I will reveal my highest college degree...Masters in Early Childhood Education. My degree does not make me an expert in the topic we are discussing. Dr. Fauci is however. 

Seems like many of us who decided to work right out of high school tend to believe we are like  Thomas Edison.I do enjoy beating my well educated kids in a game of trivia and I'm like Donald Trump when it comes to boasting about my IQ " outside of spelling and a few  other subjects".However, I'll listen to DR. Fauci or any other expert and try to decide from there what is correct.I've seen enough from our political leaders to know they know as much about Covid as I do.Check that,I even know better then to do some of the gosh aweful things we have been told by leaders.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Salem said:

Below is a link to a study piece from the NIH from 2005. It shows the effectiveness of chloroquine in treating SARS-Cov1 infections. A derivative of hydroxychloroquine that so many MD's and DO's are claiming is saving their patients. You want to guess who was the NIH director in 2005? The same guy who says hydroxychloroquine should not be used treating SARS COV2 today. Fauci says it has no chance to work and shouldn't be considered. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16115318/

Good journal article. So why didn't we use hydroxychloroquine during the SARS outbreak back in the mid-2000s? Economics? Timing? Doctors instead relied on a combination of ribavirin, lopinavir, and corticosteroids during that outbreak, although those treatments weren't entirely effective.

Edited by osunut2

• CoachT locked this topic