COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

1 hour ago, BatmanLives said:

I don't know all the details on how  Herman Cain got it but from everything I've seen on rep.Gohmert,he has been kind of doing like the preast in caddyshack when it comes to covid. 

According to his staff, Cain was traveling a lot the week before the Tulsa rally back in June. He was diagnosed about a week after the rally, so no one is sure if he got it while traveling or while at the rally. Probably impossible to know, but he definitely wasn't a serial mask wearer. 

Edited by osunut2
  • Like 1

TSSAA needs to delay the start of the season until late Sept.  You have a good number of schools that can’t start on 8-21. Looks like Shelby and Knox counties are going to delay just like Nashville did.  With school starting in the next few weeks everywhere case numbers will surge, politicians and the media will go nuts.  You saw what happened in MLB with all the cancels, MLS with sending teams home from their tournament, and the SEC delaying until late Sept.  You can say it’s not a big deal but it is.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

According to his staff, Cain was traveling a lot the week before the Tulsa rally back in June. He was diagnosed about a week after the rally, so no one is sure if he got it while traveling or while at the rally. Probably impossible to know, but he definitely wasn't a serial mask wearer. 

Thanks.You never know a lot of people that are running for office or holding down important positions but he did seem to be a very good guy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Salem said:

If Covid has anyone concerned, scared, or afraid of their normal activities then they should take individual precautions. The problem is many of the concerned, scared, afraid crowd want a government leader to mandate everyone Take the precautions they fear they need to take. It’s not enough for someone to avoid an event they think is dangerous they want to cancel the event for everyone. 

As the meme says: Covid has turned fear into a virtue. Those who are afraid feel as though they are better people than those unafraid and will subconsciously look for ways to multiply fear because it’s their virtue. 

wow. might be the best summary i have read yet. 

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

What college degrees did you obtain?  That is part of the "facts" you want me to believe. To b fair to you I will reveal my highest college degree...Masters in Early Childhood Education. My degree does not make me an expert in the topic we are discussing. Dr. Fauci is however. 

But is Dr. Fauci the ONLY expert? MANY conflicting "facts" (opinions) among those who do have college degrees backing their "facts". The other poster's "facts" make sense to me. But, hey, that's just me. You, me, the OP, and everyone else has to make up our own mind. Weigh the "facts", the fear, the agendas, the propaganda, the opinion reversals, Fox slant, CNN slant and in the end none of us really know.

Never just because "Dr. Fauci says so".

No need to slam a man for having an opinion (although he did say "facts"). He, you, and me really don't know. To each his own. I prefer to live modestly and protect myself, but let the young ones go to school and play ball.

Oh, the italics, bold "facts". Just shows I don't know what a fact is anymore. They change everyday (or every channel)

RWR

Edited by OR nole
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Good journal article. So why didn't we use hydroxychloroquine during the SARS outbreak back in the mid-2000s? Economics? Timing? Doctors instead relied on a combination of ribavirin, lopinavir, and corticosteroids during that outbreak, although those treatments weren't entirely effective.

Studies were done after the fact and published in 2005-2006.

SARS was 2002-2003 and doctors wouldn't have an antimalarial/ auto immune drug in their list of anti-virals. Maybe some docs used it off label and reported success or some people were taking it for other reasons and docs noticed they had better results with SARS.  SARS was far more lethal than Covid but not as contagious. Studies showed the drugs of choice were not effective or detrimental and patients essentially had to let it run its course.  SARS is a syndrome and will affect people in different ways depending on their individual immune response that's why early treatment is important. 

2 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

What college degrees did you obtain?  That is part of the "facts" you want me to believe. To b fair to you I will reveal my highest college degree...Masters in Early Childhood Education. My degree does not make me an expert in the topic we are discussing. Dr. Fauci is however. 

What in the world does my four year degree have to do with anything? I have a brain, I can research, and I certainly can listen and follow what is going on in the world. Does your master’s degree make you better qualified than me to discuss these things? If so, then we have significant issues all over the place regarding qualifications of opinions and passing on facts. Why is Fauci more qualified than thousands of doctors who treat this virus every single day? He’s been wrong so many times.

30 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

What in the world does my four year degree have to do with anything? I have a brain, I can research, and I certainly can listen and follow what is going on in the world. Does your master’s degree make you better qualified than me to discuss these things? If so, then we have significant issues all over the place regarding qualifications of opinions and passing on facts. Why is Fauci more qualified than thousands of doctors who treat this virus every single day? He’s been wrong so many times.

It makes him a better teacher than both of us. 

I have a brain, and I can research too, but you won't see me performing heart surgery anytime soon. I won't be telling someone how to do heart surgery either.

Edited by osunut2

6 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

It makes him a better teacher than both of us. 

I have a brain, and I can research too, but you won't see me performing heart surgery anytime soon. I won't be telling someone how to do heart surgery either.

Me either. Obviously. Back to the point, though, thousands of practicing doctors disagree with Fauci on most everything. They are just as qualified, if not more so! When did he treat anyone with COVID and is he on the frontlines every day?

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

Me either. Obviously. Back to the point, though, thousands of practicing doctors disagree with Fauci on most everything. They are just as qualified, if not more so! When did he treat anyone with COVID and is he on the frontlines every day?

Again, I'm not trying to defend him. Go back to my earlier statement. He isn't the only one out there giving advice/guidance. 

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic