COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

Nashville and potentially Knoxville, Memphis and other large urban or suburban district closing is upsetting.  But where we should be really worried is when school districts like Huntington and Henry County shutdown sports due covid cases.  Those are relatively low population, rural, strongly Republican and football crazy communities. If Coronavirus can shut those programs down then nobody is safe.

31 minutes ago, HTV said:

Not herd mentality, but mob mentality.  

See Portland and other big cities for example.  

Complete insanity.  

Speaking to school systems. Not politics. I have faith the silent majority in America want law and order. Herd mentality would not apply. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Speaking to school systems. Not politics. I have faith the silent majority in America want law and order. Herd mentality would not apply. 

Have you seen the reports of how many public school teachers are part of the "protesters" in Portland and other cities?  

Public schools are part of society in general.  If you don't believe that those who work in the public school systems are politically active then you've got your head in the sand.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, HTV said:

Have you seen the reports of how many public school teachers are part of the "protesters" in Portland and other cities?  

Public schools are part of society in general.  If you don't believe that those who work in the public school systems are politically active then you've got your head in the sand.  

Yep!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, HTV said:

Agreed. Covid and politics are intertwined. It's impossible to sort out. You can reliably predict how someone will vote in this year's election by how they react to the virus. Many of these protestors have been financed by months of unemployment payments authorized in the CARES Act. Others have been public school teachers on paid summer break all across the country.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, HTV said:

The way it read in the knox paper yesterday not many teachers want to go back in yet.I would say that has a huge bearing on Lee not signing the order.I am very skeptical about this working out in our favor.

Like president Trump said, it's going to be worse before it gets better.This is just my opinion from what I've seen so far.We will find out very quickly what the numbers look like.Starting when the schools that are going to open with kids coming in.I personally don't think there will be enough willing substitute teachers within a couple of months . 

1 hour ago, Joyful95 said:

Nashville and potentially Knoxville, Memphis and other large urban or suburban district closing is upsetting.  But where we should be really worried is when school districts like Huntington and Henry County shutdown sports due covid cases.  Those are relatively low population, rural, strongly Republican and football crazy communities. If Coronavirus can shut those programs down then nobody is safe.

Maybe it will pass through us now and will be over with. Main deal with this virus is how schools handle adversity of it. If every virus was under a microscope like this one, we would never be in school or playing sports period. Have to learn to live with it. No fear. Psalms 91.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HTV said:

This is not directed solely at one person.

That’s fine. I know politics is intertwined in all things. Contrary to the belief of a few on here, most posters on here are not stupid. They have opinions. Some I disagree with but that’s okay. However, I’m discussing sports. I don’t come to CoachT to discuss politics. It is sad that one can no longer make a simple post about SPORTS on here without someone trying to angle it into a “political football” and make a misguided, pitiful personal attack.

I get my political news from Fox every night. Not posters on here. I know my political science. I don’t need a civics lesson. I sat under liberals and conservatives. I don’t have to google it. I’m a constitutionalists who believes in law and order. I am as constitutionally conservative as one can possibly be. 

• Like 3

• CoachT locked this topic