COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

6 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

This is not directed solely at one person.

That’s fine. I know politics is intertwined in all things. Contrary to the belief of a few on here, most posters on here are not stupid. They have opinions. Some I disagree with but that’s okay. However, I’m discussing sports. I don’t come to CoachT to discuss politics. It is sad that one can no longer make a simple post about SPORTS on here without someone trying to angle it into a “political football” and make a misguided, pitiful personal attack.

I get my political news from Fox every night. Not posters on here. I know my political science. I don’t need a civics lesson. I sat under liberals and conservatives. I don’t have to google it. I’m a constitutionalists who believes in law and order. I am as constitutionally conservative as one can possibly be. 

In the past it was possible to keep sports and politics separate.  But now sports has injected itself in to politics.  It will never return to the way it was before. 

4 minutes ago, HTV said:

In the past it was possible to keep sports and politics separate.  But now sports has injected itself in to politics.  It will never return to the way it was before. 

Always wondered what the silver bullet would be that would take professional sports out , now we know. I bet ole Jimmy wishes he hadn't bought the Browns now. Remember when Pilot was the cheapest gas on the market, now it's the highest. I believe ole Jimmy's in deep doo doo.

3 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

My question now is what happens to the schools that "choose" not to play?  For exampl , metro Nashville, He Ryan Co, etc

If I was the TSSAA, I would make a list of those teams and adjust other schedules accordingly. They should do the same with all teams that are having to wait. The teams that get left with no opponents in the first few weeks can basically schedule each other to get a full 10-game schedule.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

If I was the TSSAA, I would make a list of those teams and adjust other schedules accordingly. They should do the same with all teams that are having to wait. The teams that get left with no opponents in the first few weeks can basically schedule each other to get a full 10-game schedule.

Virtually impossible to do that with the teams not playing.  You might could do that if they only miss one game but once you miss 2 or 3 games then those teams will either be saddled with a "no contest" or a forfeit.

57 minutes ago, Joyful95 said:

Virtually impossible to do that with the teams not playing.  You might could do that if they only miss one game but once you miss 2 or 3 games then those teams will either be saddled with a "no contest" or a forfeit.

Labor Day weekend is the 5th on a Saturday. TSSAA says they have to practice live 3 weeks so they will miss close to the 1st of October. TSSAA needs to roll on with their plan. You either in or your out. You don’t play it is a no contest to the one postponing and a win to the other team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joyful95 said:

I agree. I didn’t explain that very well. My fault! If teams opt out, then their opponents can have their schedules adjusted. The ones who have to wait will be focused mainly on Region games and non conference game adjustments will be questionable at best. It’s all about Region mainly. Thus, the TSSAA will absolutely have to change tiebreakers (as they should have done a long time ago!!) to only have Region contests count toward playoff qualification. None of this idiotic overall record and using unfair and unbalanced non conference tiebreaker nonsense!

• CoachT locked this topic