COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

24 minutes ago, strongx said:

It may be the year the smallest schools/communities have an advantage.

Absolutely correct.  I still think the Henry county, Huntington and now the Marion county situations are concerning.  I dont think any team will make it a while season without themselves getting shutdown or an opponent getting shutdown.  

6 minutes ago, Joyful95 said:

Absolutely correct.  I still think the Henry county, Huntington and now the Marion county situations are concerning.  I dont think any team will make it a while season without themselves getting shutdown or an opponent getting shutdown.  

Curious how those rural counties develop too? Football-tradition rich communities! I’m wondering how much pressure they will feel to get rolling sooner rather than later? Either way, those that are allowed will play and the rest will have a shortened and possibly adjusted schedule. It is what it is.

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

Curious how those rural counties develop too? Football-tradition rich communities! I’m wondering how much pressure they will feel to get rolling sooner rather than later? Either way, those that are allowed will play and the rest will have a shortened and possibly adjusted schedule. It is what it is.

Will be interesting going forward in sports if the teams that have a Covid case makes the actual person with Covid set and let the others that aren’t sick roll. I think that is the only way sports can get back to normal. No way you can shut down and freak out after every case. The Huntingdon situation and other situations are interesting. TSSAA has to roll on with their game plan. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Will be interesting going forward in sports if the teams that have a Covid case makes the actual person with Covid set and let the others that aren’t sick roll. I think that is the only way sports can get back to normal. No way you can shut down and freak out after every case. The Huntingdon situation and other situations are interesting. TSSAA has to roll on with their game plan. 

Well said! Couldn’t have said it any better.

17 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Great point. Only sitting the positive kid or coach and not quarantining everyone else is the only way I can see a NORMAL season taking place. I don’t think that’s going to be allowed this year. I just don’t believe there is enough popular support.

However, if no solutions are found for Covid over the next year it will. There will be a much broader acceptance of risk. Life will just have to go on. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

22 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Great point. Only sitting the positive kid or coach and not quarantining everyone else is the only way I can see a NORMAL season taking place. I don’t think that’s going to be allowed this year. I just don’t believe there is enough popular support.

However, if no solutions are found for Covid over the next year it will. There will be a much broader acceptance of risk. Life will just have to go on. 

Colleges and pros will be the same. Penalizing kids that aren’t sick will have to change. I just don’t see how you can have a season if you don’t. We will see how it unfolds. The NBA so far seems to be doing well keeping their players healthy. Hope and pray this stuff weakens and fizzles out.

10 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

As of this post everyone can play August 21. Metro schools  in Nashville can not have contact until Tuesday after labor day and play first game Sept 25. This is going to have no contest games with those that can play. As of now Metro's first game will be week 6 on current schedule .  I hurt for kids in Metro , but I think others will also have no contest games and force teams that could play to be open on some Friday nights. Metro is looking at a 5 game regular schedule . There will be a lot of teams with 6,7,8 game seasons. 

Edited by fb247

6 minutes ago, Joyful95 said:

Just saw on Twitter that Rutherford County has not released their football teams for full contact yet.

I think now that is it fish or cut bait time a few school systems are having to make some tough decisions. I think a few systems have been  putting off the inevitable. I think there will be some decisions made in the weeks to come that will not be popular and cause some to be upset.  

• CoachT locked this topic