COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

3 hours ago, formerblazer said:

Fearless leader Bill Lee came up with that one.  Here’s a scenario that was talked about at the SoCo board meeting tonight.

kids come back, teacher tests positive, teacher is also a coach, they find out three -five days later he’s positive, everyone who has been around that teacher is quarantined for two weeks.  In a situation like that it’ll be at least 50 classroom kids, 8-12 other teachers/coaches, and probably an entire football team.  Have that happen in the right timing and some teams are just screwed.

schools are virtual, but teachers are coming to school.  Teacher is positive, was at meetings with other teachers, school is wiped out for quarantine.

way too many bad scenarios where something can go wrong with how this is set up.  I’ll say it again, while unpopular and people hate it, moving towards spring was a better option for having kids actually being able to play.  I’m thinking of at least 5 -7 upper East tn games that won’t be played.  Anything that happens to a Team from now until Dec 5 is going to wipe out At least 1 game, potentially 3 if it happens on a Wednesday/Thursday.

Atleast here in Kingsport,there seems to be a mindset in and around town that isn't going to help matters .It was told on TV that everyone wore a mask when they voted a couple of days ago.That was a flat out lie . There was maybe six or eight people in the gym at the same time I was there and two of them voting didn't have on a mask. I got a battery at a store yesterday and atleast four people came in without mask  . It's apparently an ego thing especially with a lot of men in the area.We all know that will be the same deal with a lot of folks in and around the schools .

3 hours ago, BatmanLives said:

Atleast here in Kingsport,there seems to be a mindset in and around town that isn't going to help matters .It was told on TV that everyone wore a mask when they voted a couple of days ago.That was a flat out lie . There was maybe six or eight people in the gym at the same time I was there and two of them voting didn't have on a mask. I got a battery at a store yesterday and atleast four people came in without mask  . It's apparently an ego thing especially with a lot of men in the area.We all know that will be the same deal with a lot of folks in and around the schools .

Not to be ugly,but because you dont wear a mask you have an ego problem??If it is not REQUIRED I do not wear one because I just dont want to,I dont have an ego just not that worried about it.If I get it get then I figure it was meant for me to get it regardless.Im not going to run around scared to death of living.

10 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

The old “sky is falling”, “end of the world”, fear/panic, “everyone says so” nonsense. That’s the problem with this situation in one post, in a nutshell!

It's not my doing sportsguy. Blount County Sheriff's had fifteen inside office workers test positive this week that all work together kind of got my attention just like the teachers around so many kids are getting theirs. it's a shame you have to hear this stuff from a teacher that knows what's going on inside because any other way is if the newspaper finds out and reports it. I love football very much and may wait and just watch on TV if I have to. 

3 hours ago, BatmanLives said:

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/column-1/mask-parody-wins-the-internet-viral-video/

Here is something funny to watch.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It's not my doing sportsguy. Blount County Sheriff's had fifteen inside office workers test positive this week that all work together kind of got my attention just like the teachers around so many kids are getting theirs. it's a shame you have to hear this stuff from a teacher that knows what's going on inside because any other way is if the newspaper finds out and reports it. I love football very much and may wait and just watch on TV if I have to. 

How did they get it if all of them were wearing THEIR masks??They are required to wear them,have been for sometime.Hmmm!!!

5 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Do you not watch CNN and Oprah? Just wear your mask, be ashamed for being a man and apologize for your whiteness. FALL IN LINE MAN :roflolk:

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

How did they get it if all of them were wearing THEIR masks??They are required to wear them,have been for sometime.Hmmm!!!

Yep! No answer for that one!!

I had a person die from, they claim, covid19. He's been a very sick man for a long time and, they claim, his home health nurse gave him the virus. Yes, the same nurse that wore a  face mask and face shield in each home. 

7 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Do you not watch CNN and Oprah? Just wear your mask, be ashamed for being a man and apologize for your whiteness. FALL IN LINE MAN :roflolk:

Yep! No answer for that one!!

I had a person die from, they claim, covid19. He's been a very sick man for a long time and, they claim, his home health nurse gave him the virus. Yes, the same nurse that wore a  face mask and face shield in each home. 

Wow!

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

But, but, but....masks! Everyone should be wearing masks and preventing all this nonsense. What happened to masks saving the day?! The more masks, the more cases! Hmmm. And, by the way, are all these people with a positive on death’s door? Or will they be just fine? False positives? 

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Funny and sad and true video. We have 4-8 weeks of mask mandates. Should only take 15 days to slow the spread? Funny how critical thinking is confused with ego. Quarantining everyone for 14 days who has been within 6 ft of a positive cOvid case for 10 minutes is based on what science? What about 7 ft for 15 minutes or 1 foot for 2 minutes. Anyone seeing the goggles on people since Dr Fauci’s latest recommendation?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Not to be ugly,but because you dont wear a mask you have an ego problem??If it is not REQUIRED I do not wear one because I just dont want to,I dont have an ego just not that worried about it.If I get it get then I figure it was meant for me to get it regardless.Im not going to run around scared to death of living.

I understand and don't like wearing them either .To be perfectly honest,I don't know if the fact they post a sign at the store  I was at is a request or a requirement.I know some of our cities and counties say you must wear a mask around the country ,is that a  request or a requirement as well. The polls was a request by the governor I think but not a requirement, there was a posted sign about it but I didn't really read .I also understand the problem of who is going to enforce it. Now where other  problems I've personally heard about comes in ,is when people do try and become the law or belittle someone who is wearing one.In the last two weeks here at my local Walmart  ,A redneck woman jumped a equally rough guy about not wearing one and they were headed  to the parking lot.I don't know how that ended but didn't hear of an arrest.Another guy was making fun of folks for wearing them and  let's just  say he was verbally silenced.I wish it was as you say. If I get it,I get it and that was on me and nobody else was going to get it from what I did .Like when I was swimming in the ocean a couple years ago and shark sightings had brought people out already .I even seen multiple blacktips afterwards and still road the waves that day.My stupid donkey should have been bitten but I was lucky.Was I scared,no.Was I smart, definitely not.I truly wish it was that way .

5 minutes ago, MountainTroll said:

I'm doubt it's talked about openly, but I wonder how many teams "understand" that coach wouldn't be happy if a player lets himself get tested or reports symptoms. I'm sure it is happening at some programs.

That's a million dollar thought for sure.If I'm back in school and have a starting position or trying to get one ? That's like our jobs when " Safety " is the most important thing in the world and you are supposed to " rat out " your co-workers or even yourself when you get a little scratch.

• CoachT locked this topic