COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

13 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Highly breathable nanocellulose material that can remove particles smaller than 100 nanometers, the size of viruses, has been developed and put into use.  Is your google broken?  Or just too lazy to look it up on your own?  Or did limbaugh and the OAN channel forget to mention it between their conspiracy theory BS?  How is "doctor" Phil doing with his 400,000 Americans drown in pools yearly crappola he spouted on fox "news" - ?

Fascinating!   And in the past months I have seen exactly zero people wearing such a mask

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Most of the MASK vs. NO-MASK arguments are based on theoretical assertions, but if you are willing to engage in an empirical experiment then try this:

1.   Put on your mask
2.   Generate a smell, i.e., spray perfume, bake some brownies, etc. whatever
3.   Can you smell it?
4.   YES!!    How??   The scent molecules permeated your mask, were inhaled into your nostrils, interacted with the super sensitive scent receptor cells in your nasal passages, parsed into the constituent parts and sent to the brain for analysis, thereby giving the sensation of smell.

QUESTION:    If your mask failed to prevent the scent molecules from being breathed in then how is that same mask going to stop a 10 nanometer virus cell?

We patiently await your answer based on logic and reason.....

Maybe I can answer this question.  I work in the medical field and have a background in science.  First,  Sar-CoV-2 is nowhere near 10nm.  That would quite possibly make it the smallest known virus.  Every piece of literature I've read on this subject places the virus larger than the influenza viruses, SARS, and MERS.  Most of them have the size around 125nm.  But all of this is somewhat irrelevant because the virus spreads via air droplets when an individual sneezes, coughes, yells, etc. These droplets are quite larger. They aren't going to penetrate a mask if you're wearing it correctly.   Without a mask, the largest ones drop to the ground due to gravity and the smaller ones evaporate fairly quickly although the virus could still be on a surface for some time.  Although they could still infect someone who is very close to the person who is expelling the droplets.     Molecules from something emitting a smell are quite a bit smaller than viruses, as are oxygen molecules.  If a mask could filter out oxygen it would be pointless to even wear it, impossible to wear it for more than a minute or so depending on an individual's lung capacity.

Edited by THSVikings2004
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

You want to know what else is "fascinating" 

Permanent scarring the lungs from Covid.  Heart damage from Covid.  Blood clots from Covid.

Non-reversible medical issues that will plague people through life.  But, hey, rush them back into crowded hallways and classrooms and locker rooms.  You won't mind paying their medical bills for the next 40 years, right.

On the other hand, football could be played in the spring this one time.  But that would make too much sense. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Permanent scarring the lungs from Covid.  Heart damage from Covid.  Blood clots from Covid.

You're taking unproven medical speculation and turning it into facts to meet your agenda. Shameful! Playing football in the spring...yeah great idea! Let's start in the coldest time of the year in this state, and right smack in the middle of flu season. What about the big second wave that is coming too?! Not to mention, high school kids play other sports in the spring in large numbers! You would destroy other sports. Genius idea. Oh, and the returning players can play a full season in the spring and be perfectly healthy & good to go a few months later when the fall season of 2021 begins. Great idea. Your credibility on this subject is 100% gone with these genius comments.

18 minutes ago, THSVikings2004 said:

Maybe I can answer this question.  I work in the medical field and have a background in science.  First,  Sar-CoV-2 is nowhere near 10nm.  That would quite possibly make it the smallest known virus.  Every piece of literature I've read on this subject places the virus larger than the influenza viruses, SARS, and MERS.  Most of them have the size around 125nm.  But all of this is somewhat irrelevant because the virus spreads via air droplets when an individual sneezes, coughes, yells, etc. These droplets are quite larger. They aren't going to penetrate a mask if you're wearing it correctly.   Without a mask, the largest ones drop to the ground due to gravity and the smaller ones evaporate fairly quickly although the virus could still be on a surface for some time.  Although they could still infect someone who is very close to the person who is expelling the droplets.     Molecules from something emitting a smell are quite a bit smaller than viruses, as are oxygen molecules.  If a mask could filter out oxygen it would be pointless to even wear it, impossible to wear it for more than a minute or so depending on an individual's lung capacity.

Thank you, THS. 93 pages later, and some folks still don't get it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Non-reversible medical issues that will plague people through life.  But, hey, rush them back into crowded hallways and classrooms and locker rooms.  You won't mind paying their medical bills for the next 40 years, right.

On the other hand, football could be played in the spring this one time.  But that would make too much sense. 

Since everyone is wearing masks nowadays I guess that accounts for the # of cases plummeting.   Thanks for the clarification and happy football season.

18 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Myocarditis and the heart inflammation concerns are what I'm interested to see more data on. There have been multiple German studies published in the last month or so, and one revealed varying degrees of heart inflammation in 60 of 100 recovered COVID patients. That number included patients of a variety of ages who were asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic.

That is just one study, so I'd definitely like to see more data to support or refute that. Apparently the medical professionals that the MAC, Big Ten, and Pac-12 have consulted are citing similar long-term cardiac concerns, but again I've not seen enough data to know whether or not those concerns/risks are valid.

I think we can all agree to disagree and that's perfectly fine.I know someone who works in the school system and trys every way in the world to do what is ask for the safety of everyone.The highest people within their system seem to be doing the same and are very  sensitive to the situations many of the staff has.Now when you drop below the vice principal level , apparently there is a disconnect with understanding five or more people can't stand together in a small  space and the fact a mask is required . Had to clear the last few sentences but basically if you do those things especially in our schools, it's on you and yours and should only be your Hades to travel into if those decisions bite you.When it hurts others, it's simply inexcusable..

2 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Thanks Karen! Not sure even one person on here has said the virus was fake news, so that in itself is fake news coming from you. Glad you have all the answers and you sacrificed more than everyone else. Where were you in March when all the scientists were saying no masks were needed? I assume you are staying at home nonstop and staying away from people all the time, so that's good on your part. How's the mask thing working out? You can't have it both ways. Are the masks working or are things just awful and badly contagious right now? Seems to me like we are getting more and more cases with all the mask mandates everywhere, and everyone seems to be following those orders from what I can see.

You should simply stop posting. Every single time, something pops up from your keyboard that is demonstrably wrong, and this case is no exception. In places where there are enforced mask mandates, cases are dropping. 

12 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Myocarditis and the heart inflammation concerns are what I'm interested to see more data on. There have been multiple German studies published in the last month or so, and one revealed varying degrees of heart inflammation in 60 of 100 recovered COVID patients. That number included patients of a variety of ages who were asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic.

That is just one study, so I'd definitely like to see more data to support or refute that. Apparently the medical professionals that the MAC, Big Ten, and Pac-12 have consulted are citing similar long-term cardiac concerns, but again I've not seen enough data to know whether or not those concerns/risks are valid.

There have been two studies coming out of Germany. One examined the hearts of 39 patients who died from Covid and found heart issues. Median age was 85.  All had multiple comorbidities.  No conclusion concerning high school football can be drawn from examining the heart of elderly sick individuals’ hearts. 

The other study took 100 patients who tested positive from Covid and compared their heart tissue to 50 people who did not. The study is worthless unless you compared the hearts before and after the Covid diagnosis. Also, many of the abnormalities in the Covid group overlapped in the control group. Most articles written on the study left that info out. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, THSVikings2004 said:

Hey THS, that is some good info, I actually read a lot about the cell being contained in droplets.    However, if that is true and with everyone wearing masks now, the cases of infection should be dropping off not going UP.  Things are very out of whack here, which leads me to believe that something else must be going on.

Are you guys doing open seating for the DB game?

26 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

You're taking unproven medical speculation and turning it into facts to meet your agenda. Shameful! Playing football in the spring...yeah great idea! Let's start in the coldest time of the year in this state, and right smack in the middle of flu season. What about the big second wave that is coming too?! Not to mention, high school kids play other sports in the spring in large numbers! You would destroy other sports. Genius idea. Oh, and the returning players can play a full season in the spring and be perfectly healthy & good to go a few months later when the fall season of 2021 begins. Great idea. Your credibility on this subject is 100% gone with these genius comments.

And all I had to do was turn the page for a second one. The lingering effects of COVID on symptomatic survivors have been detailed and are anything but "unproven medical speculation".

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic