Petition to Remove Rebel Mascot at MHS ?

jrlcm

This weekend should be called "The Revenge of the Nerds 5". A story about unhappy Millennials that have been cooped up at home drawing a check with nothing better to do than attack a school they went to over the name it uses for the sports teams. The story gathers around 5 young women that suffer from PMS that get this movie started and the town all torn to pieces. Full of excitement with fights between past football players against the White Shame Boy's who were the outcast in school and played the flute and carried the flags in the band. What a time to be alive in Maryville folks.

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This weekend should be called "The Revenge of the Nerds 5". A story about unhappy Millennials that haveBarney been cooped up at home drawing a check with nothing better to do than attack a school they went to over the name it uses for the sports teams. The story gathers around 5 young women that suffer from PMS that get this movie started and the town all torn to pieces. Full of excitement with fights between past football players against the White Shame Boy's who were the outcast in school and played the flute and carried the flags in the band. What a time to be alive in Maryville folks.

Barney, you are a joy to follow. :thumb:

Well just as expected they shut the topic down on the alumni site quick as I was fixing to go after that one girl for going into this drama about how upsetting it was to explain to her children why Maryville had the name Rebels and a Rebel Flag. I wanted to ask her in front of everyone what she told her children when her mother broke up the next door neighbors marriage when he ran into some money. That would of got rid of her.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MLREB said:

Looks like the name changers are kicking the crap out of the name keepers, even though they had a few days head start. Unless you want to carry the name of a plant you need to let your voice be heard and sign the petition. You don't have to be a Rebel supporter, or an alumni to vote....as proven by many of the "want to change the name" petition signers that not only live out of state but have no idea where Maryville is. Only sign if you agree, though. 

The name keeper are ahead MLR. 

11 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

The name keeper are ahead MLR. 

I am officially a "name keeper." Although, I sort of like the name Maryville Mudslides...yummy drink. Oak Ridge should change their name to OR Big Ed's Ridge Runners...yummy moonshine runners with pizza.

Seriously, is there really a chance you may have to change names? That would be ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I am officially a "name keeper." Although, I sort of like the name Maryville Mudslides...yummy drink. Oak Ridge should change their name to OR Big Ed's Ridge Runners...yummy moonshine runners with pizza.

Seriously, is there really a chance you may have to change names? That would be ridiculous.

I sure hope not...

• Like 1