Petition to Remove Rebel Mascot at MHS ?

jrlcm

On 7/1/2020 at 11:39 AM, LTCB said:

48 minutes ago, MLREB said:

Well??? @Red Rebels

I did click the link and I did read the article. I am not sure what he wants. This seems like a long assignment and I am procrastinating. 

20 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

I did click the link and I did read the article. I am not sure what he wants. This seems like a long assignment and I am procrastinating. 

I watched the original interview and noted two statements from the Nashville girl leading the charge. Interesting that a correction has been made at the top of the linked article, but it doesn't matter. The damage from an untruth (lie) has been done. Not good for news agencies to put stuff out there before fact checking. I'm not sure about others, but I have not seen a confederate flag at a Maryville game in many years. 

5 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

The story originally didn't clarify that the rebel soldier on the tassel was not from the school but:

The journalist has updated the story to reflect the graduate who received the tassel bearing a likeness of a soldier told WATE that the high school did not provide the tassel, nor did every student receive this tassel from Jostens, the company selling graduation attire.

23 minutes ago, LTCB said:

The story originally didn't clarify that the rebel soldier on the tassel was not from the school but:

The journalist has updated the story to reflect the graduate who received the tassel bearing a likeness of a soldier told WATE that the high school did not provide the tassel, nor did every student receive this tassel from Jostens, the company selling graduation attire.

The story on the news never retracted that.....and of course they didn’t verify the statement or anything else before airing. Like I said.....the damage had already been done. 

7 hours ago, MLREB said:

The story on the news never retracted that.....and of course they didn’t verify the statement or anything else before airing. Like I said.....the damage had already been done. 

Have the Leftwing bought off media spin it their way and there you have it.  Joseph Goebbels couldn't have been more proud, way to go WATE.

Edited by BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Have the Leftwing bought off media spin it their way and there you have it.  Joseph Goebbels couldn't have been more proud, way to go WATE.

Sorry Barney but I have to call Sheep Dip on this. WATE is nothing like Nazi Germany's propaganda. If you really believe it is ( which I don't think you do ) you would have to be so Conservative you would eat Migrant children in popcorn boxes for breakfast :popcorneater:

I am mostly joking here. I really think you were being sarcastic. I know I am. :thumb:

By the way, I did sign the petition calling for Maryville to keep the Rebel name. Is there any date the petitions have to be turned in by? Who will receive the petitions? How did this issue get so far along? Is this all a hoax by bored Maryville fans?

The name won't change....yet.

Don't care how many people sign either petition, the money says it can't happen now. 

Potential donor/sponsor withholdings and the cost of removing "the brand" says it ain't the time.

The school board will more than likely make no further statements and hope that it disappears again.

That's just my take tho. 

3 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Sorry Barney but I have to call Sheep Dip on this. WATE is nothing like Nazi Germany's propaganda. If you really believe it is ( which I don't think you do ) you would have to be so Conservative you would eat Migrant children in popcorn boxes for breakfast :popcorneater:

I am mostly joking here. I really think you were being sarcastic. I know I am. :thumb:

By the way, I did sign the petition calling for Maryville to keep the Rebel name. Is there any date the petitions have to be turned in by? Who will receive the petitions? How did this issue get so far along? Is this all a hoax by bored Maryville fans?

WATE has been very left leaning for years, and it's even worse right now, and especially anything Lori Tucker has her finger on.