Petition to Remove Rebel Mascot at MHS ?

jrlcm

2 hours ago, BroadwayBarberShop said:

The name won't change....yet.

Don't care how many people sign either petition, the money says it can't happen now. 

Potential donor/sponsor withholdings and the cost of removing "the brand" says it ain't the time.

The school board will more than likely make no further statements and hope that it disappears again.

That's just my take tho. 

What you said makes sense to me. When you are trying to get to the bottom of an issue FOLLOW the MONEY.

4 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Sorry Barney but I have to call Sheep Dip on this. WATE is nothing like Nazi Germany's propaganda. If you really believe it is ( which I don't think you do ) you would have to be so Conservative you would eat Migrant children in popcorn boxes for breakfast :popcorneater:

I am mostly joking here. I really think you were being sarcastic. I know I am. :thumb:

By the way, I did sign the petition calling for Maryville to keep the Rebel name. Is there any date the petitions have to be turned in by? Who will receive the petitions? How did this issue get so far along? Is this all a hoax by bored Maryville fans?

WATE is nothing like Nazi Germany...….yet.  But I think that's where they'd like to be. They've opened the door and stuck their foot in. And how many times are you going to mention that you've signed the petition to keep the Rebel name? It's almost like you're sucking up. It actually looks like to me you're trying to play both sides of the issue from reading the post above. I bet you signed both petition's. 

2 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

WATE is nothing like Nazi Germany...….yet.  But I think that's where they'd like to be. They've opened the door and stuck their foot in. And how many times are you going to mention that you've signed the petition to keep the Rebel name? It's almost like you're sucking up. It actually looks like to me you're trying to play both sides of the issue from reading the post above. I bet you signed both petition's. 

LOL, good one WaCo.  :thumb:

13 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Sorry Barney but I have to call Sheep Dip on this. WATE is nothing like Nazi Germany's propaganda. If you really believe it is ( which I don't think you do ) you would have to be so Conservative you would eat Migrant children in popcorn boxes for breakfast :popcorneater:

I am mostly joking here. I really think you were being sarcastic. I know I am. :thumb:

By the way, I did sign the petition calling for Maryville to keep the Rebel name. Is there any date the petitions have to be turned in by? Who will receive the petitions? How did this issue get so far along? Is this all a hoax by bored Maryville fans?

Alcohol increases the size of the send button 89% Willie. Maryville has a lot to lose if there is a name change. 

Well Washington is on the way to changing their name. And believe it or not the name that has become the favorite is "Red tails". The Cleveland Indians are already looking for a new name. By the end of the year every sports team from little leagues to the pros that have a mascot name that offends "anyone" will be changed. Be careful choosing a name of a animal because PETA will be coming after you for that. Maybe just be Maryville, or Oak Ridge or what ever. But what about colors? Someone might be offended by the color of your uniforms. Got to tear it all down.

11 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well Washington is on the way to changing their name. And believe it or not the name that has become the favorite is "Red tails". The Cleveland Indians are already looking for a new name. By the end of the year every sports team from little leagues to the pros that have a mascot name that offends "anyone" will be changed. Be careful choosing a name of a animal because PETA will be coming after you for that. Maybe just be Maryville, or Oak Ridge or what ever. But what about colors? Someone might be offended by the color of your uniforms. Got to tear it all down.

I pray that someone grows a backbone and puts a stop to this nonsense! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Libtards and Democrats are destroying this great country. Little by little. It's amazing what pussified people we have any this country now. 

• Like 3