Stick a Fork In HIgh School Football this fall

ChineseFlu

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Saturday Night I went to the local Dollar General at 9 p.m. and must of been at least 40 people in that place and I didn't see one person with a mask at all and even the employee's. As I was getting ready to get in line I could hear a a big lard azz woman coughing her head off in an isle over from me with no mask. There were three people in front of me as I stood 6 feet behind them and two younger guys came up from behind me and stood right on my back and I told them either get in front of me or back off so they took my invitation and went ahead which I didn't care but they knew I was mad. Soon as they did a woman who heard the whole thing go down moved right on up and took their place. I couldn't wait to get out of there before somebody hit my go to jail switch. When I got to my truck and sat there a minute as I cooled down and I thought of how irresponsible that whole thing was it came clear to me this isn't the only place this is going on. Everyone has let their guard down and my first thought was this will be the end of high school football for 2020. Those that know me well are on my facebook page and saw where i posted on this incident Sunday morning only to be met with I'm not wearing a mask and all the other nonsense they've heard from who knows who. I knew from the beginning there wouldn't be a football season in 2020 because there would be an extended period when the rush of idiots came out of hiding. I'm a realist and know you can't depend on most human beings for anything so what happened with the extended period out to August 29th is no surprise to me at all. As we get closer to that time we'll see another extension and have to make plans to move football to spring. Hopefully they can come up with a cure for this stuff in the meantime so life can return to normal. If not I have doubts even on a 2021 season.

I have seen the same kind of stuff going on here in Henry County. Been in line a few times now trying to check out and people are literally right on the back of your neck. A lot of folks are just passing this whole thing off. They think it is the same as the "common flu". It is definitely frustrating that things we all enjoy keep getting canceled or pushed way back. You are right though the likely hood of things returning to our "normal" is pretty highly unlikely until they get a vaccine for Covid-19. 

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Going to be bad when other states are playing football and TN is not. Because it will happen. It is based on governors and all won’t go Lee’s route. Better get your protest signs out. Other states will be playing.

If there are other states that do high school football it won't be more than a few with the way numbers are looking and what schools are doing restrictions wise.

I said it in the other thread days ago that some states that are talking about ramping sports back up are putting football in a different category with much tougher restrictions to get going again.

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

If there are other states that do high school football it won't be more than a few with the way numbers are looking and what schools are doing restrictions wise.

I said it in the other thread days ago that some states that are talking about ramping sports back up are putting football in a different category with much tougher restrictions to get going again.

In my eyes the football season is toast now unless he rescinds the executive order down the road. Kids hadn’t had contact since last fall now and won’t get a chance at earliest to start practicing Sept. 1st. That means first games wouldn’t be until around Oct. 1st. Playoffs usually start first week of November. Going to make it tough and have to make lots of changes if any type of season is played.

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

In my eyes the football season is toast now unless he rescinds the executive order down the road. Kids hadn’t had contact since last fall now and won’t get a chance at earliest to start practicing Sept. 1st. That means first games wouldn’t be until around Oct. 1st. Playoffs usually start first week of November. Going to make it tough and have to make lots of changes if any type of season is played.

Kids can practice after the dead period. Just have to do it in groups of 50 or less.  It is up to individual districts. However this may change after tomorrow’s meeting. 

26 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Plus High school kids playing in below freezing temps some games

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Kids can practice after the dead period. Just have to do it in groups of 50 or less.  It is up to individual districts. However this may change after tomorrow’s meeting. 

You can’t hit though. Got to practice social distancing. All I got to say is if indeed TSSAA needs the money they better put their beech chairs up and get on Lee’s doorstep with a plan. TSSAA made a statement y day that they were shocked at the extension and that tells me their is no communication with the governor, who obviously is making the call.

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

You can’t hit though. Got to practice social distancing. All I got to say is if indeed TSSAA needs the money they better put their beech chairs up and get on Lee’s doorstep with a plan. TSSAA made a statement y day that they were shocked at the extension and that tells me their is no communication with the governor, who obviously is making the call.

coaches just put out a proposal with 3 options to vote on.

1.  8 game schedule with only 2 teams out of each region making the playoffs.

2.  Flip flop fall and spring

3.  Hybrid- Basketball runs December-February, Fall sports February-April, Spring sports April-June

14 minutes ago, FactsnFootballOverFeelings said:

That is just repeating what was in the order with the TSSAA making it clear for those who were thinking they could still practice as normal.