MY NEW COVID-19 FOOTBALL PROPOSAL

Teams could practice throughout July and August in shorts and t-shirts and helmets.  7 vs 7 could be played for two months.  

9/4:  Preseason Week 1

9/11:  Preseason Week 2

9/18:  Week 1

9/25:  Week 2

10/2:  Week 3

10/9:  Week 4

10/16:  Week 5

10/23:  Week 6

10/30:  Week 7

11/6:  Week 8

11/13:  Week 9

11/20:  Week 10

11/27:  Week 11 (end the regular season the weekend of Thanksgiving)

12/4:  First Round

12/11:  Second Round

12/18:  Quarterfinals

12/26:  Semifinals (on a Saturday night)

12/31, 1/1, 1/2:  State Championship Weekend

1 minute ago, howdoitknow said:

Teams could practice throughout July and August in shorts and t-shirts and helmets.  7 vs 7 could be played for two months.  

can't do 7 on 7.  There is slight contact in that.....just saying.  

1 minute ago, ChineseFlu said:

can't do 7 on 7.  There is slight contact in that.....just saying.  

Contact realistically in about all sports. Soccer, trying to take a dribbling defenders ball from them, Baseball trying to tag someone out, Basketball is about as hands on as Football with all the guarding and plays setup you will brush someone nearly every 3 seconds. With their current setup not one sport realistically can be played if they go what rules they implemented. 

Maybe golf... 

29 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

That is a good schedule. I think personally you will have to cut out 1 maybe 2 non-conference games and slim the dates even more and maybe finish the 18th of December. But the main thing IMO is the TSSAA needs to give the governor some guidelines on what we are going to do for precaution. Temperature checks on players twice a day and coaches and managers same with college and sick players get quarantined until after tests results, put sensor activated hand sanitizer stations everywhere, wear masks in meetings when not on field, put one person in charge with gloves and masks to hand out water and gatorade. TSSAA needs to make each school have a person to head these precautions, IMO. Colleges have had plans and people in charge of the pandemic. HS’s and TSSAA will have to get more organized if they want to play and have a plan. 

Edited by pioneer42

14 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

That is a good schedule. I think personally you will have to cut out 1 maybe 2 non-conference games and slim the dates even more and maybe finish the 18th of December. But the main thing IMO is the TSSAA needs to give the governor some guidelines on what we are going to do for precaution. Temperature checks on players twice a day and coaches and managers same with college and sick players get quarantined until after tests results, put sensor activated hand sanitizer stations everywhere, wear masks in meetings when not on field, put one person in charge with gloves and masks to hand out water and gatorade. TSSAA needs to make each school have a person to head these precautions, IMO. Colleges have had plans and people in charge of the pandemic. HS’s and TSSAA will have to get more organized if they want to play and have a plan. 

Something like what your asking would take a United front and someone to head the charge. Its doable but convincing the governor would be hard. Letting him know the blame if worst case scenario happens would fall elsewhere would be the only way he would loosen the reigns.

43 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Something like what your asking would take a United front and someone to head the charge. Its doable but convincing the governor would be hard. Letting him know the blame if worst case scenario happens would fall elsewhere would be the only way he would loosen the reigns.

Just saying there has to be more conversations with the decision maker. Putting someone in charge of making sure these precautions are met: manager, a teacher, assistant coach....Signed waivers by fans and players. Flu people die to. We hadn’t worried about liability with that. People that don’t want to play because of Covid or Coach needs to quit the team obviously because it is here to stay. Hiding and putting everything on hold is making the problem fester up. Needs to be lots more communication about COVID with the kids and parents. Meetings and giving them an opportunity to bail out if they want to.

Edited by pioneer42

6 minutes ago, team69 said:

Looks good! Maybe have the games on Sat. when its alot warmer might help. I worry more about the TSSAA leadership and who's yanking the chains more than I do catching the virus.

They need to have major leadership right now and I am like you. Has it happend?? Governor I bet is wanting that leadership especially now.

17 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Just saying there has to be more conversations with the decision maker. Putting someone in charge of making sure these precautions are met: manager, a teacher, assistant coach....Signed waivers by fans and players. Flu people die to. We hadn’t worried about liability with that. People that don’t want to play because of Covid or Coach needs to quit the team obviously because it is here to stay. Hiding and putting everything on hold is making the problem fester up. Needs to be lots more communication about COVID with the kids and parents. Meetings and giving them an opportunity to bail out if they want to.

because it is here to stay.

That statement there is the key to advancement going forward in any situation we will have. Because until that is recognized as truth there will be precautions, closings, and just plain ol worries on all fronts until that is a nationwide understood truth. This is just my opinion but it's how I see it. 

14 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

because it is here to stay.

That statement there is the key to advancement going forward in any situation we will have. Because until that is recognized as truth there will be precautions, closings, and just plain ol worries on all fronts until that is a nationwide understood truth. This is just my opinion but it's how I see it. 

You are exactly right and at some point this virus is going to have to be accepted and take precautions and move on. Governor has made everything basically essential. Kids school and sports is essential in becoming educated in their development as a person and gaining experience in life experiences in becoming an adult.