MY NAME COVID-19 FOOTBALL PROPOSAL

Teams could practice throughout July and August in shorts and t-shirts and helmets.  7 vs 7 could be played for two months.  

9/4:  Preseason Week 1

9/11:  Preseason Week 2

9/18:  Week 1

9/25:  Week 2

10/2:  Week 3

10/9:  Week 4

10/16:  Week 5

10/23:  Week 6

10/30:  Week 7

11/6:  Week 8

11/13:  Week 9

11/20:  Week 10

11/27:  Week 11 (end the regular season the weekend of Thanksgiving)

12/4:  First Round

12/11:  Second Round

12/18:  Quarterfinals

12/26:  Semifinals (on a Saturday night)

12/31, 1/1, 1/2:  State Championship Weekend

Politicians and the media control this, not the coaches, the administration, or fans.  Do I think the numbers will be down by August 29th, no I don’t.  I don’t like it one bit but I also want a full season.  They need to wait until February.  Everyone will get mad and scream and yell about all this over the next few days but understand something.  The media will not allow football to happen this fall.  I sincerely hope I am dead wrong.  

59 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Politicians and the media control this, not the coaches, the administration, or fans.  Do I think the numbers will be down by August 29th, no I don’t.  I don’t like it one bit but I also want a full season.  They need to wait until February.  Everyone will get mad and scream and yell about all this over the next few days but understand something.  The media will not allow football to happen this fall.  I sincerely hope I am dead wrong.  

I agree 100% mondo, I would rather have a full season in the first place, and secondly I'm not even seeing a condensed season this fall.  In my opinion the best chance at football is February.  Of course we know the TSSAA will pick the most messed up plan, no matter what everybody thinks or wants.

12 minutes ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

I agree 100% mondo, I would rather have a full season in the first place, and secondly I'm not even seeing a condensed season this fall.  In my opinion the best chance at football is February.  Of course we know the TSSAA will pick the most messed up plan, no matter what everybody thinks or wants.

Look at the death rates! They are plunging white cases go up. This is a great sign that things will get better. Herd immunity works as it always does. We the people need to stand up to these tyrants. 

• Like 1

Don’t disagree but understand you and I will have no say so on this.  I believe tomorrow they will have a plan A which is a condensed season with a cutoff date so if no football by that date you go to plan B which is football in February.  We all would agree that no football this fall is not ideal but no football at all is very bad.  We can all talk about our leaders all we want but none of that is going to change soon.  Remember that politicians and the media don’t care how this affects young people so a solution that at least works for most is the way to go.