The TSSAA Board of Control Decided NOTHING Today

The Options Are:

7 Game Season; 32 Team Playoff (this is what the TSSAA prefers for $$$ reasons)

8 Game Season; 16 Team Playoff

9 Game Season; 8 Team Playoff

10 Game Season; No Playoffs

Re-Classification was tabled until a later date.  They couldn't decide whether to just use the numbers from February or to use the jacked up numbers from this upcoming fall that will be insanely inaccurate.  The argument made against using February's numbers was that it impacts "new schools" that are opening in the fall (i.e. Green Hill High School in Wilson County and the kids that it will take away from other schools in the county).  

5 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

An odd number of games would be a scheduling nightmare. That childress man is not real smart. Hopefully the appeal that the coaches are putting forth to the governor will be successful. That would potentially bypass that childress man and his proposals

He's doing the best he could. He didn't automatically shut down the state tournaments in basketball, he "postponed" them in order to give the players, coaches, and fans of the remaining teams a hopeful chance. Regarding to football, I think everybody (for the most part) wasn't expecting the state of emergency to be extended until late August. He's basically doing the best thing he could do in a short amount of time, so you have to give him props for that. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

An odd number of games would be a scheduling nightmare. That childress man is not real smart. Hopefully the appeal that the coaches are putting forth to the governor will be successful. That would potentially bypass that childress man and his proposals

I agree about the odd number of games.

Also in that line of thinking who decides which games are dropped from each team's schedule?

And who goes through and recreates all these schedules to reflect the dropped games and dates?

What happens if a team has to miss several games? How does that effect their playoff eligibility and the teams that they were scheduled to play that week? Does a team that only plays 6 games, misses two region games and goes 6-0 get in over a team that is 7-1?

Will there be restrictions on attendance like I've heard mentioned with over school assembly/events in the fall.

It will be interesting to see how they do it.

I have been hard on TSSAA on things but actually I thought Childress done a good job with the meeting and the biggest thing is they are communicating with the government and that is promising as they seem to be the one’s that are calling the shots. They are on our side on this deal because they lose revenue it comes out of their pockets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I agree about the odd number of games.

Also in that line of thinking who decides which games are dropped from each team's schedule?

And who goes through and recreates all these schedules to reflect the dropped games and dates?

What happens if a team has to miss several games? How does that effect their playoff eligibility and the teams that they were scheduled to play that week? Does a team that only plays 6 games, misses two region games and goes 6-0 get in over a team that is 7-1?

Will there be restrictions on attendance like I've heard mentioned with over school assembly/events in the fall.

It will be interesting to see how they do it.

Some of those points were mentioned and will be decided upon.   In option 1 and 2, the TSSAA will schedule the region games.  I would guess, depending on how many teams are in your region and when those are scheduled would determine how many non-region games you could play.  It will then be who can play when. 

18 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

He's doing the best he could. He didn't automatically shut down the state tournaments in basketball, he "postponed" them in order to give the players, coaches, and fans of the remaining teams a hopeful chance. Regarding to football, I think everybody (for the most part) wasn't expecting the state of emergency to be extended until late August. He's basically doing the best thing he could do in a short amount of time, so you have to give him props for that. 

Nobody can see the future. So all these decisions will keep getting kicked down the road until its no longer an issue one way or the other.

Its really all that can be done.

17 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Nobody can see the future. So all these decisions will keep getting kicked down the road until its no longer an issue one way or the other.

Its really all that can be done.

That's my point. Can't sit here and bash Childress when he has over 300 schools to worry about. Give him a fair chance, he's done fine handling this situation, and I thought he did a great job handling the state tournaments back in March.

45 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

That's my point. Can't sit here and bash Childress when he has over 300 schools to worry about. Give him a fair chance, he's done fine handling this situation, and I thought he did a great job handling the state tournaments back in March.

I won't criticize the meeting. The board is trying to do the best thing possible. The proposals are reasonable. I would put all of this on the Governor. TSSAA seemed surprised by his extended order. Did anyone from the governor's office contact TSSAA about possible ramifications? If no, that's inexcusable. 

24 minutes ago, Salem said:

I won't criticize the meeting. The board is trying to do the best thing possible. The proposals are reasonable. I would put all of this on the Governor. TSSAA seemed surprised by his extended order. Did anyone from the governor's office contact TSSAA about possible ramifications? If no, that's inexcusable. 

That is par for the course in government at the moment.

You have school systems making decisions and telling parents without even running it by faculty.

Things change as well. Last week health officials got a memo ahead of time about the order. The memo said that the order was gonna apply to churches as well. Well that wasn't the case.