The TSSAA Board of Control Decided NOTHING Today

40 minutes ago, Salem said:

I won't criticize the meeting. The board is trying to do the best thing possible. The proposals are reasonable. I would put all of this on the Governor. TSSAA seemed surprised by his extended order. Did anyone from the governor's office contact TSSAA about possible ramifications? If no, that's inexcusable. 

11 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

That is par for the course in government at the moment.

You have school systems making decisions and telling parents without even running it by faculty.

Things change as well. Last week health officials got a memo ahead of time about the order. The memo said that the order was gonna apply to churches as well. Well that wasn't the case.

People in these positions are hired to make decisions and that is what they are doing. If they didn't make decisions they would be criticized for that. They get information and then decide. Just like a head coach, he may ask what other coaches think but he makes the call and rightfully so. Can't please everyone anyway, so why ask sometimes.

Edited by fb247

2 minutes ago, fb247 said:

People in these positions are hired to make decisions and that is what they are doing. If they didn't make decisions they would be criticized for that. They get information and then decide.

Its hard to argue that they are getting information when they don't even talk to groups directly involved in the decision. IE the governor not even talking to the TSSAA and the BOE not even talking to teachers/covid response teams.

2 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Its hard to argue that they are getting information when they don't even talk to groups directly involved in the decision. IE the governor not even talking to the TSSAA and the BOE not even talking to teachers/covid response teams.

See, they didn't talk to who you thought they should. 

17 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

It isn't too much to ask for transparency from elected officials.

That is why they were elected. They get information from their sources and make decisions. Just so you know they have staffs that help them with decisions. 

Edited by fb247

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

The Options Are:

7 Game Season; 32 Team Playoff (this is what the TSSAA prefers for $$$ reasons)

8 Game Season; 16 Team Playoff

9 Game Season; 8 Team Playoff

10 Game Season; No Playoffs

Re-Classification was tabled until a later date.  They couldn't decide whether to just use the numbers from February or to use the jacked up numbers from this upcoming fall that will be insanely inaccurate.  The argument made against using February's numbers was that it impacts "new schools" that are opening in the fall (i.e. Green Hill High School in Wilson County and the kids that it will take away from other schools in the county).  

They should have used February numbers for most schools, then added in the new schools' or ones affected by new schools when they were able to do so. It's going to put off and you'll have same alignments with no chance of going to four classes in basketball, softball, baseball even though it's needed. 

2 hours ago, fb247 said:

People in these positions are hired to make decisions and that is what they are doing. If they didn't make decisions they would be criticized for that. They get information and then decide. Just like a head coach, he may ask what other coaches think but he makes the call and rightfully so. Can't please everyone anyway, so why ask sometimes.

We've finally found something that we agree 100% on. I've been vocal about my displeasure with TSSAA for ducking their responsibility, so I'll be just as vocal in support... there's no way to forsee the upcoming changes, but barring that, I think that they have put together a reasonable set of propositions for football to be played. I personally like the even number of regular season games with playoffs proposal, but at this point, I'd be happy with just playing the greatest amount of games that will fit into the timeframe allowable. 

For your take on the political side, you are absolutely correct again. We are a Republic, not a "true" democracy... the masses select someone trustworthy to make informed decisions for/in their best interest, and should support the process or select someone else to represent the public interest. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigRed75 said:

As of yesterday, Georgia has 84, 337 confirmed cases and 2,827 deaths. Tennessee has 43, 905 confirmed cases and 604 deaths. 

Thank you, that tells me one of us doesnt know what we are doing though as well. Not sure which end of the spectrum we fall however I like our statistics much better.