The TSSAA Board of Control Decided NOTHING Today

1 hour ago, District12AA said:

Expose my kids to a much more serious environment?

You just need to go kick rocks. My wife is a surgeon who about lost her job due to the shutdown and lack of surgeries being allowed to be performed and she is now working 6 days a week to get caught up.

My family is aware we are in more danger when we move driving to our new house than the dangers of this virus. Keep drinking the political Kool-Aid. Do you know the CDC since late May has been including positive antibody tests into the daily positive count? Why is that? It is like they want this to continue. The death rate and hospitalization rate has plummeted since April. Now the news talks about ICUs being 85-90% filled, what the average citizen doesn't know is that hospitals have to keep that % there to stay financially viable. It is a common percentage.

Luckily for our family we will have the means to provide our son a senior season, but many will not. Also be careful who you lecture on here about the the risks of the virus, so go ahead and go back and live in your bubble.

In reading Imthayeti’s previous post to you, he seemed very friendly and seemed to want to have a genuine dialogue with you. And you tell him to kick rocks and go back and live in his bubble. You bashed him for no reason. Yes he has fired back now but there was no reason to speak to him like that. You were wrong to do so. I’m sure you’ll try to take some shots at me now instead of just acknowledging you did something wrong. Go ahead and take your best shot. For what it’s worth I hope you son does get to play his senior season. 

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

In reading Imthayeti’s previous post to you, he seemed very friendly and seemed to want to have a genuine dialogue with you. And you tell him to kick rocks and go back and live in his bubble. You bashed him for no reason. Yes he has fired back now but there was no reason to speak to him like that. You were wrong to do so. I’m sure you’ll try to take some shots at me now instead of just acknowledging you did something wrong. Go ahead and take your best shot. For what it’s worth I hope you son does get to play his senior season. 

Appreciate the nod sir, I should have realized from the rant itself that conversation is just wasted among people who just want to be mad. I did intend to just talk however and I did reply in kind, but I meant him no personal attack in general. Just was trying to convey that In short, I'd take my chances here is all before I'd move to a place where in general it's already bad enough to be shut down before it even starts. At least here precautions at the very least seem to be a large concern moving forward. I hope his and every kid gets to play as well. Kids aren't the ones susceptible though so much to this virus. It's the parents, grandparents, coaches and anyone with a little age or underlying health concern to them. Not sure I myself would move just to allow my kid to play a sport is all considering what's out there. Seen some of your kids pics in the Jackson suns paper online BPM. Hope you all have a good year bud.

2 hours ago, District12AA said:

Expose my kids to a much more serious environment?

You just need to go kick rocks. My wife is a surgeon who about lost her job due to the shutdown and lack of surgeries being allowed to be performed and she is now working 6 days a week to get caught up.

My family is aware we are in more danger when we move driving to our new house than the dangers of this virus. Keep drinking the political Kool-Aid. Do you know the CDC since late May has been including positive antibody tests into the daily positive count? Why is that? It is like they want this to continue. The death rate and hospitalization rate has plummeted since April. Now the news talks about ICUs being 85-90% filled, what the average citizen doesn't know is that hospitals have to keep that % there to stay financially viable. It is a common percentage.

Luckily for our family we will have the means to provide our son a senior season, but many will not. Also be careful who you lecture on here about the the risks of the virus, so go ahead and go back and live in your bubble.

This guy gets it. 

The dangers of this virus are greatly overstated. We not only increased testing but we changed the way we were keeping score. As mentioned we now include antibody positive results as Covid positive (new) cases.  Some of these antibody tests detect antibodies from any coronavirus out there not specifically Covid 19. The increased hospitalization rate is because hospitals closed for two months and have a huge backlog. Everyone is playing catch up. One problem is we have online "experts" giving advice and statistics on this that don't know the difference between an antibody and an antibiotic. 

Everyone is talking about the four options but TSSAA should be on the offensive in the press demanding to have the same exemption as professional and college football.  Do you think Lambeth or Cumberland or Bethel have the same testing abilities as the Titans or UT? 

46 minutes ago, Salem said:

This guy gets it. 

The dangers of this virus are greatly overstated. We not only increased testing but we changed the way we were keeping score. As mentioned we now include antibody positive results as Covid positive (new) cases.  Some of these antibody tests detect antibodies from any coronavirus out there not specifically Covid 19. The increased hospitalization rate is because hospitals closed for two months and have a huge backlog. Everyone is playing catch up. One problem is we have online "experts" giving advice and statistics on this that don't know the difference between an antibody and an antibiotic. 

Everyone is talking about the four options but TSSAA should be on the offensive in the press demanding to have the same exemption as professional and college football.  Do you think Lambeth or Cumberland or Bethel have the same testing abilities as the Titans or UT? 

I'm disagreeing with the overstated part. Just in my small community I know 3 people who have died from it. Another close friend who stayed in hospital 10 days and almost died.said he wished he would have died because of the effects. My brother who had a stroke back in Feb. was scheduled to come home Friday and tested positive yesterday. Saying it's overstated it a bit much for me.

52 minutes ago, Salem said:

This guy gets it. 

Lambuth doesn't since they have been closed since 2011.  

1 hour ago, Salem said:

This guy gets it. 

The TSSAA I agree needs to be on the offensive with the governor wanting the exemption. Needs to be a plan on safety provisions between TSSAA and the schools that is relayed to the governor. Temperature checks, hand sanitizer stations, safely transferring water and Gatorade to players, ....Obvious schools and lots of colleges are not budgeted for testing ($100.00 a player), but schools will need someone to handle these temperature checks and safety measures to lead the way if they want to play. I was impressed yesterday with the TSSAA as they have been in communication with the governor looks like after the fact. I was surprised because they can’t even get together to meet on how to recognize the girls finalists from the state tournament. I have been in communication with representatives this summer just asking to be recognized in the books (no trophies or banners) such as “2020 Cancelled State Finalists” just so everyone will be on the same page honoring our schools with the same verbage on wall pictures and personal banners and they won’t make a decision. But TSSAA and schools need to be on the same page. There will have to be some sacrifices made and work done in these trying times. If there is no leadership and nobody wants to form a team and take charge  the kids will be the victims. Poster above hit the nail on the head when he said there was no leadership. Maybe the governor awoke folks. Governor said in his news conference yesterday that they are working with the TSSAA. Everybody has to make sacrifices with these times. Not just as easy as holding hands out and receiving money. Schools and TSSAA and the governor need to be on the same page.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

The TSSAA I agree needs to be on the offensive with the governor wanting the exemption. Needs to be a plan on safety provisions between TSSAA and the schools that is relayed to the governor. Temperature checks, hand sanitizer stations, safely transferring water and Gatorade to players, ....Obvious schools and lots of colleges are not budgeted for testing ($100.00 a player), but schools will need someone to handle these temperature checks and safety measures to lead the way if they want to play. I was impressed yesterday with the TSSAA as they have been in communication with the governor looks like after the fact. I was surprised because they can’t even get together to meet on how to recognize the girls finalists from the state tournament. I have been in communication with representatives this summer just asking to be recognized in the books (no trophies or banners) such as “2020 Cancelled State Finalists” just so everyone will be on the same page honoring our schools with the same verbage on wall pictures and personal banners and they won’t make a decision. But TSSAA and schools need to be on the same page. There will have to be some sacrifices made and work done in these trying times. If there is no leadership and nobody wants to form a team and take charge  the kids will be the victims. Poster above hit the nail on the head when he said there was no leadership. Maybe the governor awoke folks. Governor said in his news conference yesterday that they are working with the TSSAA. Everybody has to make sacrifices with these times. Not just as easy as holding hands out and receiving money. Schools and TSSAA and the governor need to be on the same page.

Well, with Nashville now going back to phase 2, that could throw a kink into the July 8th meeting. 

The dangers of this virus are greatly overstated.

Confirmed
10.7M

Recovered
5.48M
Deaths
516,000 Dead
worldwide 

Sounds serious to me...

The increased hospitalization rate is because hospitals closed for two months and have a huge backlog. 

Pretty sure that anyone who thought they had Covid-19 would drive across country if that's what it took to get checked. 

Everyone is playing catch up.

Doubt anyone waited around 2 months thinking they had coronavirus for their favorite health care facility to reopen, and backlog would indicate they had need for a hospital for 2 months and just decided to ride it out.

1 hour ago, team69 said:

I'm disagreeing with the overstated part. Just in my small community I know 3 people who have died from it. Another close friend who stayed in hospital 10 days and almost died.said he wished he would have died because of the effects. My brother who had a stroke back in Feb. was scheduled to come home Friday and tested positive yesterday. Saying it's overstated it a bit much for me.

I'm sorry for your losses man, I had seen you state before you knew 2 people that have died from it in your area . Now it's up to 3 and your brother also has it. I'll pray for him but only know him as team69's brother. Is your neck of the woods afflicted badly from it?

With everything that was discussed yesterday by the Board of Control this is the schedule that teams are looking at as of next week:

7/6 through 7/11 = Summer Workouts & Conditioning

7/13 through 7/18 = Summer Workouts & Conditioning

7/20 through 7/25 = Summer Workouts & Conditioning

7/27 through 8/1 = Summer Workouts & Conditioning

8/3 through 8/8 = Summer Workouts & Conditioning

8/10 through 8/15 = Workouts & Conditioning (after school)

8/17 through 8/22 = Workouts & Conditioning (after school)

8/24 through 8/29 = Workouts & Conditioning (after school)

8/31 through 9/5 = Preseason Week 1 in Pads

9/7 through 9/12 = Preseason Week 2 in Pads (if teams still choose to play Jamborees it will be on this week)

9/18 = Week 1

9/25 = Week 2

10/2 = Week 3

10/9 = Week 4

10/16 = Week 5

10/23 = Week 6

10/30 = Week 7

11/6 = Week 8 or Round 1

11/13 = Week 9, Round 1, or Round 2

11/20 = Quarterfinals

11/27 = Semifinals

12/3, 12/4, 12/5 = State Championship Games

Here's my big question over all of this mess.  The Weeks of 12/11-12/12 and 12/18-12/19 are also available for the TSSAA to use to get their fall sports seasons completed prior to the Christmas Holiday Break.  Why do they elect to not use those weeks?  Colleges do graduation in the fall semester the weekend of 12/11-12/12 if school is in session.  That means that the 12/18-12/19 weekend would have no bearing on Tennessee Tech.  If so then just move the State Championships to another venue such as Middle Tennessee State, Austin Peay, or Vanderbilt.  All of those locations would be great options for the TSSAA to look at using anyway.  

If the TSSAA Board of Control would simply do that then they could play a 9 week regular season + play a full 5 week playoff bracket and there wouldn't be anything to vote on right now.  It would be a done deal and everyone would be happy with what takes place.  

50 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

The dangers of this virus are greatly overstated.

Confirmed
10.7M

Recovered
5.48M
Deaths
516,000 Dead
worldwide 

Sounds serious to me...

The increased hospitalization rate is because hospitals closed for two months and have a huge backlog. 

Pretty sure that anyone who thought they had Covid-19 would drive across country if that's what it took to get checked. 

Everyone is playing catch up.

Doubt anyone waited around 2 months thinking they had coronavirus for their favorite health care facility to reopen, and backlog would indicate they had need for a hospital for 2 months and just decided to ride it out.

I'm sorry for your losses man, I had seen you state before you knew 2 people that have died from it in your area . Now it's up to 3 and your brother also has it. I'll pray for him but only know him as team69's brother. Is your neck of the woods afflicted badly from it?

My brother caught it in Maury Co. while in rehab. The 3 I knew were from Marion Co. and we have 64 confirmed cases.  4 deaths. My gut feeling tells me that things will be fine if they play and eventually getting the masses exposed will be the best thing. It's a dam tuff call. The bottom line is people are going to continue to die from this regardless whether they play ball or not. Let's just hope all the bean counters on here are right.