The TSSAA Board of Control Decided NOTHING Today

37 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

I am talking about how they will proceed if Nashville Public Schools doesn't allow practice since they are at phase 2 now. 

You think the practice going on right now is helping any one if you indeed have to stay 6 feet apart?? No contact. How do you line up?? You can’t replicate football or basketball without live contact and scrimmages. They will have their meeting, IMO and make a decision. Hopefully they will get excluded off of the executive order.

Edited by pioneer42

44 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

The dangers of this virus are greatly overstated.

Confirmed
10.7M

Recovered
5.48M
Deaths
516,000 Dead
worldwide 

Sounds serious to me...

Responses like this are why it's easy to influence many people. The average person reads that summary and a few headlines and wants to stay home and sleep in a mask. People that take a closer look at the data that's available but not publicized draw different conclusions.

What's the average age of coronavirus deaths? In Italy where our press told us everyone was dying it was 83. Italians are now protesting their lockdown and calling it overblown. In the US average death age has been around 80.  There are CDC charts with specific age groups and the percentages of each that are asymptomatic, mild, severe, hospitalized, ICU, & death. The danger to anyone under 60 is minimal. How many coaches or officials near 80 with pre existing conditions have to be directly involved in order for a high school sport season to happen. Very few. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Salem said:

Responses like this are why it's easy to influence many people. The average person reads that summary and a few headlines and wants to stay home and sleep in a mask. People that take a closer look at the data that's available but not publicized draw different conclusions.

What's the average age of coronavirus deaths? In Italy where our press told us everyone was dying it was 83. Italians are now protesting their lockdown and calling it overblown. In the US average death age has been around 80.  There are CDC charts with specific age groups and the percentages of each that are asymptomatic, mild, severe, hospitalized, ICU, & death. The danger to anyone under 60 is minimal. How many coaches or officials near 80 with pre existing conditions have to be directly involved in order for a high school sport season to happen. Very few. 

I am not a tech guy but folks need to google the rant by Rand Paul earlier in the week directed to Fauci. He had lots of data from other countries about kids and how rare it was for them to catch the virus and transmit it to adults.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Salem said:

Good post I agree with 100% of it. Only thing is the people at or near age 80 in my life are precious to me as well. Those are the people I'm really concerned for.

I understand that kids have a small chance of serious implications as well. I only hope one kid being sick wouldnt lock the team down for that week. 

Edited by Imthayeti

I don't think we will find anyone on here who thinks an 80 year old is expendable or not valuable.  That's a false argument routinely directed at people who quote statistics about the virus. Insinuating someone who wants to get back to normal is OK with old people dying is ridiculous. 

The virus is dangerous if you have a handful of other ailments- obesity, diabetes, lung/ heart conditions, etc. The older one gets the more likely one is to have more of these conditions. Health condition is a greater indicator of disease severity. There are many people in their 90's who have survived the virus.  There's enough info out there that individuals can determine if the risk of working or viewing a high school game in person is worth it. 

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

The increased hospitalization rate is because hospitals closed for two months and have a huge backlog. Pretty sure that anyone who thought they had Covid-19 would drive across country if that's what it took to get checked. 

Everyone is playing catch up.

Doubt anyone waited around 2 months thinking they had coronavirus for their favorite health care facility to reopen, and backlog would indicate they had need for a hospital for 2 months and just decided to ride it out.

The hospitals closed elective procedures in March to make room for Covid patients. We were told a surge was coming that would overwhelm the hospitals. (that's why we were staying at home). The surge never came. We had convention centers, huge ships, and outdoor hospitals set up for COvid patients that never arrived. Hospitals had to lay off staff because they had no patients to treat. 

Now we have March, April, and May patients scheduled with June and July's. Hospitals are swamped with bypass surgeries, stent placements, joint replacements, etc. Things most patients do not consider elective. The media is making the full hospitals seem like they are all Covid cases. 

• Like 2

On 7/1/2020 at 12:29 PM, howdoitknow said:

The Options Are:

7 Game Season; 32 Team Playoff (this is what the TSSAA prefers for $$$ reasons)

8 Game Season; 16 Team Playoff

9 Game Season; 8 Team Playoff

10 Game Season; No Playoffs

Re-Classification was tabled until a later date.  They couldn't decide whether to just use the numbers from February or to use the jacked up numbers from this upcoming fall that will be insanely inaccurate.  The argument made against using February's numbers was that it impacts "new schools" that are opening in the fall (i.e. Green Hill High School in Wilson County and the kids that it will take away from other schools in the county).  

In option 3 above you state a 9 game season.

Here is option 3 per the TSSAA:

If the executive order expires on Aug. 29, practice would begin on Aug. 30 with the first game on Sept. 18. Schools would keep their current schedule and begin play with the Week 5 game on September 18. Games scheduled against member schools for Week 3 would be played in Week 12. Games scheduled against member schools for Week 4 would be played in Week 13. Only region champions would advance to the playoffs beginning in Week 14. Schools that do not qualify for the playoffs would be able to play one extra game.  

If we start the season playing in week 5 and make up week 3 and week 4 in week 12 and 13 respectively,  then that is only 8 regular games if schools have an open date outside of week 1 and week 2.

Where is the 9th game coming from?  Will schools be permitted to schedule someone during their open week?   

If not, any school that has an open date in week 1 or week 2 would have 9 games.  Everyone else will have 8 games and a bye week.

Just now, Imthayeti said:

Listened in on the TSSAA meeting today. No decision again. It seems are gonna leave it up to the Governor. Kinda disappointed tbh. I expected more than what we got.

The TSSAA is falling in line with every other legislature. Refusing to make decisions because they’re afraid.