How on Earth Do Teams with 1400 get to play in Divisions against Teams with 800. It's a complete Croc and should never happen.

3 hours ago, District12AA said:

Nolensville is currently getting a false sense of success much like Signal Mountain did about a decade ago. Once they move it they will be an average team year in and year out.

Their fans are entitled already so I would hate to be the coaches and administration because when they start competing against schools with the same size the W-L record won't be near as pretty and championships will be few and far between.

Very likely unless kids “move” to their zone from all over to play football there. I hear that happens. Just saying. 

1 hour ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Very likely unless kids “move” to their zone from all over to play football there. I hear that happens. Just saying. 

Nolensville also plays in a basketball district that has schools with enrollments of just over 500..you think football is flawed look at basketball and baseball. Something hopefully will be done.

6 hours ago, District12AA said:

Nolensville is currently getting a false sense of success much like Signal Mountain did about a decade ago. Once they move it they will be an average team year in and year out.

Their fans are entitled already so I would hate to be the coaches and administration because when they start competing against schools with the same size the W-L record won't be near as pretty and championships will be few and far between.

Definitely entitled.  They want to be Ravenwood in the worst way. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Observation said:

Nolensville also plays in a basketball district that has schools with enrollments of just over 500..you think football is flawed look at basketball and baseball. Something hopefully will be done.

I don't mean this as a smart epic but do t think TSSAA really cares about baseball.  Travel programs have absolutely ruined that sport imo.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Not sure about 1400 but according to 1 of their APs they are right around 1270

Which in hoops that’s over the 2A cutoff but they are still in a 2a district with 2 other schools barely over 500 students which is a 700 student difference. Classification needs some changes especially in hoops..the size differences are huge in a lot of districts. 

Money lost if no football will be a concern, on top of spring fling cancelled and no state boys basketball. I wish they'd consider scrapping districts and regular season classifications, let teams make their own schedules based on what's best for them, then dividing into classes in the postseason (1 loss and you're out). That would bring a lot more money in for more nearby games being played, plus travel for most would be better. 

Edited by Indian
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Indian said:

Money lost if no football will be a concern, on top of spring fling cancelled and no state boys basketball. I wish they'd consider scrapping districts and regular season classifications, let teams make their own schedules based on what's best for them, then dividing into classes in the postseason (1 loss and you're out). That would bring a lot more money in for more nearby games being played, plus travel for most would be better. 

To me that is Rediculous.   Then you have schools scheduling the weakest possible schedule just to get in.  IMO you have to have districts in order to have any sort of fairness. 

• Upvote 1

Everybody gets in (again, increasing the money). Divide by class first , then geography, then record, then opponent record. Some teams would get a high seed due to a weak schedule but if they were a pretender, it would soon be found out. Money lost if fall seasons are cancelled with be difficult to deal with, higher gates next year would help make up for it. 

Edited by Indian
  • Upvote 1