How on Earth Do Teams with 1400 get to play in Divisions against Teams with 800. It's a complete Croc and should never happen.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:22 AM, BatmanLives said:

I didn't read all the post but can see why some people feel one way or the other.I'm old enough to have played back when there was only three classes.My school played up in 3A instead of where we could have in 2A. Maybe it was pride because of all the old traditional rivalry games.Either way,we never won a state title until everything fell into a perfect fit for us.Playing the same size competition didn't hurt but wasn't the only factor by a long shot.It takes a collection of things to become a state championship team and contender for multiple years.Top notch coaches and a community that that helps out is a great starting point.Having the young men who are willing to put in the work year around under great coaches is a must.Weight training and conditioning programs can separate two equally talented teams by a mile. It doesn't hurt anything to have a few D1 type guys,but without leadership and all the other parts,you could still come up short .

All great points, and absolutely true... on the other hand, it's a shame when you have all the ingredients you mention, yet have to compete against schools with over double the athletes to choose from.