Read This

tj3775

4 hours ago, strongx said:

I’m sure he is a great guy and just trying to help, but To say he is more qualified in infectious diseases is quite a stretch. Let’s just agree to disagree on that detail.

Reading comprehension appears to be an issue so I will repeat it. You made a crack about MR Rogers and questioned his credentials. I looked up Dr Rogers’ bio and found he has over 30 years Of medical experience. He also has experience directly Treating Covid patients.  

Here’s the part that got you - he is more than qualified to give a valid and credible opinion on Covid. I would also wager he has more experience with actual patients than your two infectious disease experts who spend more time in lectures and dealing with theories than treating patients .

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Salem said:

Reading comprehension appears to be an issue so I will repeat it. You made a crack about MR Rogers and questioned his credentials. I looked up Dr Rogers’ bio and found he has over 30 years Of medical experience. He also has experience directly Treating Covid patients.  

Here’s the part that got you - he is more than qualified to give a valid and credible opinion on Covid. I would also wager he has more experience with actual patients than your two infectious disease experts who spend more time in lectures and dealing with theories than treating patients .

From what I read, Mr Rogers is nationally recognized in hormone therapy and anti-aging. Again, I appreciate his opinions on covid-19, but I don’t think that’s in his wheelhouse.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, strongx said:

Thx to Mr Rogers for sharing his opinion and trying to calm the masses. I would recommend googling his background to analyze for yourself if he is qualified to give infectious disease advice. For what it’s worth, I also know a podiatrist who doesn’t seem too worried.

Yeah, mine thinks my arches should be fine... 

On 7/14/2020 at 4:51 PM, tj3775 said:

This is an article wrote by Dr Tom Rogers. He is the team physician for the Dobyns Bennett Indians.

Great article by Dr. Tom Rogers of Performance Medicine here in Kingsport. This is regarding COVID:

Morning everyone!

Welcome to another edition of the Doctor's Note, where we talk about what's on our minds when it comes to your health.

This week we're going to do an update on COVID-19 as East Tennessee is seeing a rise in cases, and Knoxville has become somewhat of a hot spot.

Is it finally hitting our area?

Yes. Mainly because they're testing more for it. 

Are our hospitals overwhelmed? No. 

Are many people dying from this? No. 

Are some people getting fairly sick with this? Yes. 

Is it a reason to panic? No. 

I'm going to bring you some good news.

One piece of good news is that I'm actually glad that we're having some positive tests in this area. We know that we need to develop herd immunity, and in my opinion that's going to be the answer to this pandemic before they develop a reliable vaccine that people are willing to take.

Sweden allowed a herd immunity to develop, and kept the susceptible people quarantined. Guess what? That strategy worked. 

Another example is New York City, where it hit very hard before they knew how to handle it. They're biggest mistake was sending nursing home patients who had been to the ER with symptoms and tested positive, back into nursing homes. 

Note that half the deaths in New York State came from nursing home patients. 

Now in New York, because of herd immunity, they're one of the states that's having very little problems with it. Herd immunity developed. 

A good piece of news is they've discovered that you only need 20% herd immunity to essentially end this pandemic. To dive into the details check out this article. 

The most important thing to notice in Tennessee is that we're doing a lot more testing, which is why we're getting a lot more positive tests.

What More Positive Tests Means

Over half the people that test positive for COVID-19 have no symptoms at all, and it's not because they've developed antibodies.

It's because they have this thing called T-Cell immunity. We've all been exposed to coronaviruses before. The common cold is a coronavirus. So most of us, probably 85%, already have this T-Cell immunity. This means that if that 85% gets COVID-19, they're not going to get very sick with it.

Of course there are outliers, but it's good news that the number of cases are going up and more testing is being done. 

I'm all for this.

As we're heading toward herd immunity, the most important thing to look at is the death rates and what that's saying. The number of people who are testing positive is going up, but the death rates are going way down.

There's still people dying from this, but they're usually very ill, elderly people.

Note: Here are some other people who are more susceptible to complications: Obese people with diabetes and hypertension.

I'm really optimistic and excited that we are on our way to developing herd immunity.

I'm also excited that we now know how to treat it better.

COVID-19 Treatment Update

You really want to stay out of the hospital with this if you can. If you do get it, you need to get in touch with a doctor that knows how to keep you out of the hospital.

What does that mean?

That means recognize and treat it early. I hope all of you reading this are already taking higher doses of Vitamin C, D, and Zinc.

Here are a few other suggestions. 

Wearing a mask is controversial, but because it's recommended just do it. If anything, it will remind you to keep your hands out of your face and continue to social distance. 

I think glasses may help too, because a lot of times the virus can go through your eyes. There's a lot of practical things you can do.

The problem with the tests is that if you think you may have COVID-19 and you get tested, the results will probably take at least 5 days to come back.

So if you get sick you need to go ahead and start treatment.

In my opinion, there are a lot of good treatments out there.

I've treated several over the phone through telemedicine, and haven't gotten any negative feedback.

An exciting piece of news is that there's medicines that I'm going to be using to treat this. It's medicines we've used before. It's inexpensive and it works.

One of these medicines is an asthma medicine called Pulmicort (Budesonide).

You can use it in a nebulizer or a handheld. The nebulizer is probably more effective in getting it down to your lungs. 

COVID-19 is a respiratory, inflammatory disease. So, if you hit it with these steroids in the lungs through inhaling early on, your symptom relief is going to be pretty quick.

I would combine that with a Z-Pak, which can prevent secondary bacterial infection. It also has some antiviral properties too, as does Zinc.

There's also a lot of little things we're doing that can help this. 

Higher doses of Vitamin C. Maybe even an H2 Blocker like Pepcid, which has been shown to help. In some cases, home oxygen may be needed.

This Pulmicort nebulizer seems to be a really effective treatment for it, and I think you're going to start to hear a lot about it. 

I still feel that hydroxychloroquine works also. There's no doubt in my mind that it works. I know it's been controversial, but I wouldn't hesitate to take it.

I've prescribed it for a few people and it seemed to really help them.

There are things you can do to treat this and keep yourself out of the hospital.

Of course, if you're short of breath and can't breathe, you need to go to the ER. Not an Urgent Care Center. Go to the ER. They're set up to handle it.

The point of this Doctor's Note is to equip you with the knowledge of how to avoid going to the hospital if at all possible.

Don't freak out with the news you're hearing on mainstream media. Simply educate yourself, protect yourself, and be ready to get treated early if you come down with it. Again, the earlier you treat this thing the better.

Insurance won't even pay for this guy's services (according to his own website), and ya'll are bowing at his alter.  I don't get it.

17 hours ago, Salem said:

I would say he is more than qualified and has likely more direct experience with actual Covid patients than Birx and Fauci combined.

Dr. Tom Rogers is Fellowship Trained and Board Certified in Integrative Medicine, and Board Certified in Sports Medicine from the American Academy of Anti­-Aging (A4M). He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biology, as well as an MBA, from the University of Tennessee. He then went on to earn his MD from East Tennessee State University, and completed his residency from the University of South Carolina.

Dr. Rogers has 30 years experience as a Family Practitioner. He started his own practice, Performance Medicine, 8 years ago and has since opened 5 clinics in the East Tennessee area. There are currently Performance Medicines in Kingsport, Knoxville, and Chattanooga.

Dr. Rogers is a member of the board for the JDRF, as well as a member of the TMA. In 2013, Dr. Rogers was named the Tennessee Men’s Health Doctor of the Year from the Tennessee Men’s Health Network in Nashville, TN. He is also the Team Physician for the Dobyns Bennett High School football team. In his off time, he enjoys exercise, playing tennis, reading, and riding the Creeper Trail in Abingdon, VA with his family. He and his wife Jenny have 3 children, Ben, Kelli, and Andy.

I doubt that since insurance won't pay for his services.  

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I have heard other doctors say the same thing since March especially about Hydroxychloroquine. New York not having a second wave is very encouraging since the streets have been covered up with rioters and protestors. Problem I got with Fauci is he has been called out not following science especially with kids. Rand Paul has called him out twice about it when there is a lot of data that kids rarely get it and transmit it in other countries. 

that's not true.  We have specific cases here that refute that.  "Texas daycare" being the prime example.

41 minutes ago, guthook said:

I doubt that since insurance won't pay for his services.  

At times on here it is difficult to tell if politics or ignorance is driving some of these debates. If you are making the claim that a doctor's credibility is determined by an insurance company you have jumped into the latter group. Insurance companies don't pay full price, they make doctors jump through hoops, and hire additional staff to handle claims and appeals. Doctors only take insurance because they have to. Doctors will tell you they prefer fee for service, private pay patients.  Doctors pick their insurance companies, not vice versa. 

• Like 1