TSSAA meeting live today at 1:00 PM (Central)

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

The discussion now is concerns of enrollment numbers being skewed.  Purposely being skewed?  If some will purposely skew enrollment numbers for a better classification then your concern of some suppressing positive virus tests are legitimate.  

Exactly!!Great points to bring up by both of you.

9 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Being completely honest, I like it because who's to say a team doesn't lose a region game that's played week one or week 2 that wouldn't have demolished them in week 8. It will make up somewhat for the no scrimmages and Jamborees we wont have. Let's face it this past year if Loudon had been a region team for Greenback you wouldn't have made the playoffs in option 3. Almost the same deal for us last year in our Sweetwater game. We won, but just a much closer game  than it would have been mid season for example. I feel you all would have matched up well with Loudon midseason last year. Sometimes kinks in a team aren't always weeded out in game one of the season. At least that's how I felt about my team and even yours. Just my opinion old friend. Our game together was a great one last year. But game one for both of us helped prepare for it.

Yep that's a good point but run what you bring and take what happens in a year like this.2 is a good option for sure but I liked 3 also.Alot less opportunities to lose great players in our small schools.

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yes

I thought that's what I heard on sports talk, that don't sound too bad.  I believe that  the teams that don't make the playoffs can schedule two post season games under that option.

Edited by rtl112
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yep that's a good point but run what you bring and take what happens in a year like this.2 is a good option for sure but I liked 3 also.Alot less opportunities to lose great players in our small schools.

Well for seniors next year isn't an option. Understand and agree with your points. I just like a second chance is all. Hopefully you will have a seat for me this year if we get to play.

Edited by Imthayeti

27 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Being completely honest, I like it because who's to say a team doesn't lose a region game that's played week one or week 2 that wouldn't have demolished them in week 8. It will make up somewhat for the no scrimmages and Jamborees we wont have. Let's face it this past year if Loudon had been a region team for Greenback you wouldn't have made the playoffs in option 3. Almost the same deal for us last year in our Sweetwater game. We won, but just a much closer game  than it would have been mid season for example. I feel you all would have matched up well with Loudon midseason last year. Sometimes kinks in a team aren't always weeded out in game one of the season. At least that's how I felt about my team and even yours. Just my opinion old friend. Our game together was a great one last year. But game one for both of us helped prepare for it.

In the 80's only the region/district champions qualified for the playoffs. There were a couple times Marion Co didn't make the playoffs because they lost 1 game. Later it was changed to the top 2 teams and in 1990 we lost an emotional game to Seq Co 7-6 on a night that a lot of dads were being deployed to Iraq that weekend. Thankfully we qualified for the playoffs as the #2 team and steamrolled through the playoffs to win a state championship. (The 42-14 thumping of Alcoa was particularly fun lol). That being said sometimes teams get hot at the end of the year and if only the region/district champion would have advanced we would not have won that state title. I do believe it should only be the top 2 teams that qualify for the playoffs all the time though.

3 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Safe to say I’ll skip the season! I’m not wearing a mask for a dang football game and on the bright side more dollars for my pocket! 

That is a ridiculous component of their "plan". They claim we're not playing because we are honoring the governors order but they put their own mask mandate in place even though the governor did not impose one. I bet the schools in counties without mask mandates will not be walking around policing this. A face covering to get in the gate and then mask off!