TSSAA meeting live today at 1:00 PM (Central)

4 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

I have talked to two different director of schools and they both said there ain't gonna be football this fall.  I'm afraid this is the TSSAA stringing everyone along again.  My one question is what is the drop dead date?  If we get to September and the order is extended then what?

I don't think that the Governor will ultimately be responsible if we don't play. A close friend of mine spoke with him personally after the TSSAA submitted their earlier request to be their own entity (as colleges and NFL), and he said that it felt as if they didn't want to accept liability on their own, but put forth the impression that they had tried to the public. He (Gov.) said that it was poorly worded, and looked to be quickly thrown together. He also reassured my bud that he would make every effort for athletics to resume this fall.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sidelinehustler said:

That is going to be a serious financial hit for booster clubs. Everyone is making a huge issue out of having to wear a mask when the survival of many programs depends on concession revenue. 

Most people here know my thoughts on some of the restrictions, so I wont rehash them... I will say that my opinions were stated during discussions/negotiations for measures and restrictions in order to have a season FOR THE KIDS. My revised position is this... whether in line with, or directly opposed to my personal opinions, I will attempt to follow mandates to a "T" and support whatever measures are necessary to play the games... period. 

PLAY BALL!!!

• Like 1

My take:

Some of the "rules" are insane.   Good luck making a 3 year old wear a mask.   The games are OUTDOORS!  If seating is limited as stated, then natural social distancing should take care of the need for masks.   Concessions stands?   Why do you need them if a mask is required??  Who can eat or drink thru a mask??   I feel the TSSAA leadership went overboard with the gameday side of it.   I don't have an issue with the temperature check mandates.   A temporal scanner is quick and easy.   

Again, my biggest issue is the masks.  If we're in a gym without the ability to distance, then yes, maybe issue masks.   Open air bleachers is crazy.

One thing I haven't seen addressed is the 66 to 75 percent reduction is attendance.   You may as well say no more travel allowed to watch your kids.   Home teams will buy up the allotment of seating prior to the games and spread out over both sets of bleachers.   Tell little Johnny's mom she'll only see half his games!   Good luck.

Why on earth would Childress state that they will maintain these restrictions even if the Governors office doesn't enforce them?   Is that his place??   I'm confused.   Shouldn't the individual counties/administrators make that determination?    Alot of things didn't set well with me from this meeting..

7 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

My take:

Some of the "rules" are insane.   Good luck making a 3 year old wear a mask.   The games are OUTDOORS!  If seating is limited as stated, then natural social distancing should take care of the need for masks.   Concessions stands?   Why do you need them if a mask is required??  Who can eat or drink thru a mask??   I feel the TSSAA leadership went overboard with the gameday side of it.   I don't have an issue with the temperature check mandates.   A temporal scanner is quick and easy.   

Again, my biggest issue is the masks.  If we're in a gym without the ability to distance, then yes, maybe issue masks.   Open air bleachers is crazy.

One thing I haven't seen addressed is the 66 to 75 percent reduction is attendance.   You may as well say no more travel allowed to watch your kids.   Home teams will buy up the allotment of seating prior to the games and spread out over both sets of bleachers.   Tell little Johnny's mom she'll only see half his games!   Good luck.

Why on earth would Childress state that they will maintain these restrictions even if the Governors office doesn't enforce them?   Is that his place??   I'm confused.   Shouldn't the individual counties/administrators make that determination?    Alot of things didn't set well with me from this meeting..

Maybe I am wrong but didn't  the game day guidelines come from TSSAA  working with the Governor's office.

33 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Most people here know my thoughts on some of the restrictions, so I wont rehash them... I will say that my opinions were stated during discussions/negotiations for measures and restrictions in order to have a season FOR THE KIDS. My revised position is this... whether in line with, or directly opposed to my personal opinions, I will attempt to follow mandates to a "T" and support whatever measures are necessary to play the games... period. 

PLAY BALL!!!

I have done had one get her feelings hurt. I will abide to the T as well. Just don’t any more kids to lose their sports.