Forrest Rocket Football 2020

21 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

If I am Forrest, Swift and McClendon are getting the ball a lot on offense. McClendon has the bloodline and Swift seems like one of those kids that every time he is in the game he does something good.  

If they have a big year it bodes well for the 2022 season not so much for 2020. But I counted 32 9th and 10th graders on the roster so the future is bright. 

17 hours ago, dawgswin said:

Boss that would be great , would make 2020 a little better. They been avoiding us since 2016.  We would be a whopping 4-0 making it 5-0 this year since the 2016 season if they would schedule us. 

Sorry, forum rules are you can't talk smack for ten years after losing a home game to Community. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

cornersville has never beaten forrest in a game. 

the first year they lost in cookeville we played them preseason. it was even. our team went 4-6 regular season and lost 1st round of playoffs. you were a flash in the pan and lost to community last year. case closed. 

No skill starters played in that “scrimmage” . Would have been 35-7. 

Edited by dawgswin

14 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

"It would've been"

The chorus from the Cornersville fight song

Well it’s time to renew the North vs the South rivalry game in 2021 with the new 2 year deals. I doubt y’all will want to do that though with our group that is coming up just like the last time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

the guy whose school has zero wins in a dozen tries is talking smack

we routinely mercy ruled you for years, in 2017 you held your own in a scrimmage with a freshman heavy squad of ours that went 4-7. last year you lost to community. at home. 

other than that, great program

I think most years Forrest would win. Would love to see that rivalry start up. I think it would be good for the county. Losing to Community is tough they are a basketball school for sure I would say. I think they won one game the last couple seasons which is tough. Good luck to both schools this season. 

Opening night has 2 teams losing in the region..that being Community and Eagleville. Loretto shuts out Wayne County 7-0, Summertown shuts out Mt Pleasant in the 2nd half to win 13-12, Lewis County does the same to Riverside in a 8-7 win. Forrest bumps off East Robertson 10-0. Eagleville has an impressive first half offensive showing but Huntland holds them in check in 2nd half to win 36-27. Community-they played. Cornersville dumps the Vikes 36-6.

Opening night thoughts---Looks like a ton of defense in this region. The lone bright spot offensively looks to be Eagleville but they really shot themselves in the foot in the 2nd half with the turnover on downs and the fumble on the 3 that was returned for a TD (not sure if it was a 3 yard return or a 97 yard return). Even Loretto got in on the defensive end with the shutout. Wayne County had the ball under a minute left inside the 5 with a 1st down and got stuffed on 4th down from the 2. Great goal line stand there.